Mariner Questions

Ok...I have some questions :) Please pick and choose which ones, or all that you can answer for me. I really appreciate it!

1) Do you usually pre-book shore excursions before the cruise or just play it by ear the day of, and see what you feel like doing?

2) Are there launderettes on board, where we can wash a small load of clothes?

3) What kind of movies do they play in the theater? Newer ones?...few months old?

4) We'll be on an eastern carib. cruise to cococay, st thomas, and st martin...of those three have you ever done a dive? Did you like it? Which island would be the best (in your opinion) to scuba?

Thanks!!

1) Do you usually pre-book shore excursions before the cruise or just play it by ear the day of, and see what you feel like doing? Researched it ahead of time to know which was best, booked in advance when possible. There were plenty of non-ship excursions available when we arrive at every port last week.

2) Are there launderettes on board, where we can wash a small load of clothes? NOPE. I did have my shirts sent out to be ironed when we first got onboard for less than $2 each

3) What kind of movies do they play in the theater? Newer ones?...few months old? My kids watched Talledega Nights (Another shown was DEJA VU and Hollywoodland, from memory)...

4) We'll be on an eastern carib. cruise to cococay, st thomas, and st martin...of those three have you ever done a dive? Did you like it? Which island would be the best (in your opinion) to scuba?

DAvid:D

Ok...I have some questions :) Please pick and choose which ones, or all that you can answer for me. I really appreciate it!

1) Do you usually pre-book shore excursions before the cruise or just play it by ear the day of, and see what you feel like doing?

We usually book ahead or as soon as we get on the ship. Otherwise, excursions are filled and you are out of luck.

NO

3) What kind of movies do they play in the theater? Newer ones?...few months old?

About the same as you can get from your local video store.

Sorry dont scuba but did enjoy BOB in St. Thomas and America's cup, Segway, and Beach break in St. Maarten...in addition to island tours.

Thanks!!

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks!!

For question #1, go over to the Ports of Call boards. Both St Thomas and St Maartin are SO easy to explore on your own. You'll get a more individualized, less crowded excursion for much less money. Just do your research, and go with a private tour guide that's very highly recommended on the board.

We loved Mariner, and the Eastern ports! Have a great cruise.

1) Do you usually pre-book shore excursions before the cruise or just play it by ear the day of, and see what you feel like doing? I always book as soon as they available on line since we were usually choose seems to be tours with limited availability.

2) Are there launderettes on board, where we can wash a small load of clothes? No , but they have a laundry service which is pretty reasonable, remember to mix and match and daytime shorts, etc, can usually be worn more then once, unless you are a slob like my hubby;)

: Are laundry services provided?

A: Self-service laundry facilities are not provided onboard our ships, but we do offer full laundry and dry cleaning services. We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices.

4) We'll be on an eastern carib. cruise to cococay, st thomas, and st martin...of those three have you ever done a dive? Did you like it? Which island would be the best (in your opinion) to scuba? One of the best excursions I have ever been on is the America's Cup regatta in St Marten. It is only available through the ship and it does fill up fast. You get to actually be part of the crew of a racing sloop that was used in the real race. It was a blast but you can be as lazy or active as you want for the job you pick.

We hardly ever book excursions anymore--been there--done that! If we decide to do something, it's while we're on the ship.

Of course, if there is an excursion that you MUST do, or your vacation will be ruined, book it in advance!

As for movies--I'd rather spend my time on the pool deck than in a dark theatre watching movies that I could see at home!!!!

We booked our own excursions, except for BOSS (BOB), which can only be booked through the cruise line.

My DH used the laundry service. No compliants. Price was right, too. Next time I might pack less and use the service.

We didn't go to any movies, but appeared to be a month or two old.

Archived