4 to a cabin - 2 teens o my!!

darbysue

:eek: I know most of you will think we are crazy but we have an outside room - no balcony ( none were available when we booked) on the CB -we are traveling with our 17 year old and her bf - I know it will be crowded but we really dont plan on spending much time in the room at all - I would appreciate any "hints" you might have so that we all survive!! I figure the bf and us will be VERY good friends after this trip!!! I know we will have a blast and cant wait.

We usually do an outside with our two kids and it does get a bit cramped now that my son is 13 and taller than me! One thing we did on our last cruise was to ask the room steward to leave one of the upper bunks down during the day. It gave us extra seating for the kids and a place where they could perch to watch tv and play video games without taking up lower cabin space. Also, since my DS is an early riser, we encouraged him to go ahead and get up, shower and dress (quietly!) before the rest of us as he usually does at home. He would then head up to the buffet and have his pre-breakfast meal and bring us a plate of goodies on his way back down. It helped ease the morning bathroom crunch! I also assigned everyone their own specific drawers and closet area so we could keep our clothes somewhat organized and separate. Again for the dinner prep, we usually got ready in shifts. Since my DS and DH get ready pretty quickly, they would clear out and give DD and I a chance to pretty and primp and then they would show up with enough time to pull themselves together and let me tie their ties on formal night.

I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make it work. It will be cozy, but you'll have fun!

Good luck -- my goodness, you're going to need that and a great sense of humor! Seriously, my advice is to set up a schedule in advance for getting ready for dinner. It would probably help to have 2 of you get ready first and leave the cabin, then have a pre set time and place to meet after the other 2 get ready. One cabin is just too small for all 4 of you to be tripping over each other at the same time. Have a GREAT cruise, by the way!!

:eek: I know most of you will think we are crazy but we have an outside room - no balcony ( none were available when we booked) on the CB -we are traveling with our 17 year old and her bf - I know it will be crowded but we really dont plan on spending much time in the room at all - I would appreciate any "hints" you might have so that we all survive!! I figure the bf and us will be VERY good friends after this trip!!! I know we will have a blast and cant wait.

We are doing the exact same thing. The guys are going to the spa to shower so us girls can have the bathroom. This will be very interesting to say the least. :p

Everyone will have to be very diligent in picking up after themselves, especially since there is little floor space in those cabins. Pack as lightly as you can, put your suitcases under the beds and use them for the dirty laundry. Even better, plan on washing clothes midweek so you can easily take less clothing.

Definitely have the guys shower in the spa/gym area. I hear those showers are very nice sized compared to the teeny ones in the cabin.

I would also assign drawers in the nightstands and shelves in the area by the closet.

Have a conversation before you go to set up the guidelines for the room so everyone knows what to expect up front. Let everyone brainstorm and come up with ideas - you may be surprised at what the kids come up with!

If everyone is willing to be flexible and cooperative, you will have a fabulous vacation!

My hint would be leave the bf home. I think your daughter is asking a lot to bring him..... but she probably wouldn't want to hear that.

My first thought is......did you think about bathroom protocol.....:)

.......I think of that commercial where the toilet flushes.....the guy comes out of the back rooms and anounces.....that part of the house is closed.....:D

Reminds me of when we did Disney at the Swan hotel on site. Originally it was my parents and the two youngest going but then my other brother, sister, me and my boyfriend all decided we wanted to go. When we arrived the hotel was over booked so it was all of us in one room. NEVER again and that was a hotel room. The boyfriend did marry me however so he must have really liked my family.

I must say though that if I had the option of cruising but it had to be with three other adults I could suffer through it I suppose. :D

That's funny - with text messages so popular it could mean "best friend" or any number of things beginning with b and f, I guess -- but the tried and true for those of us over 30 is "boy friend".

As for the cruise itself, have a great time and relax -- everything will work out somehow.

I would definitely take advantage of the spa showers for either the boy friend & husband or the 2 teenage girls, depending on what bf stands for.

My first thought is......did you think about bathroom protocol.....:)

.......I think of that commercial where the toilet flushes.....the guy comes out of the back rooms and anounces.....that part of the house is closed.....:D

I have one word to take care of that problem! OUST travel spray!!!!! It works wonders, even when there aren't 4 in a cabin. All that food ........................... Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

the BF does mean boyfriend and just to make it clear it was our idea - we felt safer with her running around with a guy then a couple of girls - w come from a very small town of only 200 so her experience with large amounts of people is not what a city gal would be. We have taken him on short trips with us before and have spent time in hotels with him - so not a totally new way of traveling for any of us. As far as time alone we figured 4 in a cabin the size of a postage stamp would really cut down on privacy ( for all of us!!) We will definitely take advantage of the spa showers ( make the guys go) and the suggestion of some air spray really sounds like a good one :) hadnt thought of that. I do know that all 4 of us have great attitudes and want to make this trip fun for all so know crowded or not we will make plenty of memories!!!:p thanks all for the suggestions - my sense of humor is going in my suitcase today

Sounds like you have a great outlook. Just keep an eye on them out and about too. Can never be too careful.

We have brought the sons on most of our trips and the boys get ready first and they have to sit and watch t.v. We have had balconies so that when I am finished they can go out there while I dress. (gets very hot in the bathrooms). Spray is the greatest idea. Just plan on stages of dress and you should be fine.

We had a quad on Carnival once with our two teen daughters. It worked out fine. The only time we were in the cabin altogether was at night. Showers and changing was done in shifts (just like home with the one bath).

We have a cruise booked next year on the CB with 2 cabins, an inside for the girls and a balcony for us. After thinking about it, we could save quite a bit of money if we do the outside (no balcony) quad. My question is this: Princess lists the Oceanview cabin size as 135-194 sq. ft. Does anyone know which Oceanview cabins are the larger 194 sq. ft.?? The inside on Carnival was 180 sf, and I wouldn't want to go much lower than that.

My hint would be leave the bf home. I think your daughter is asking a lot to bring him..... but she probably wouldn't want to hear that.

You sound like an old prude.

My parents invited and paid for me and my boyfriend to go on a cruise with them.

We shared the same cabin and it was the most fun I have ever had with my parents. I would definitely recommend it :)

MikeyGo

thank-you when I posted I was just looking for suggestions on travel - not why or who I was traveling with - we are really looking forward to the 4 of us spending time together - he is a great kid and the 4 of us hope to have a wonderful vacation making memories to last a life time

Glad to hear you have such fond memories of your trip!!

Archived