who did you do the tubing with?

scher

Who did you do river tubing with? The cruiseline? wacky rollars? or did you hire a private tour guide. I want to do a little more then just river tubing and was wondering the best way to go about it.

As of 2 weeks ago, the tubing was a no go. They said the hurricane had damaged the course and there was too much rain. I had booked with Wacky Rollers.

Really, that is a shame.........Did they email you that?

As of 2 weeks ago, the tubing was a no go. They said the hurricane had damaged the course and there was too much rain. I had booked with Wacky Rollers.

Any mention of how long this situation will last? I mean, is this a long term issue (hurricane damage) or more because of the rains currently?

We're trying to reserve river tubing now for Nov cruise.

Thanks,

houstontx

I honestly have no idea. They booked my tour a couple of weeks before sail date, and when I called from the ship the day before I was told the course was not repaired. The ship also booked the tour and announced the morning of docking that it was cancelled. It seems no one knows and I am not sure if there has been any tubing since the hurricaine. I have checked reviews and the ones that mention it said it was cancelled. I was glad to have checked the day before because I was able to book an alternate tour and not have to make a quick decision about what to do. We snorkeled and the "champagne bubbles" we swam in were worth the trip. Really unique.

I honestly have no idea. They booked my tour a couple of weeks before sail date, and when I called from the ship the day before I was told the course was not repaired. The ship also booked the tour and announced the morning of docking that it was cancelled. It seems no one knows and I am not sure if there has been any tubing since the hurricaine. I have checked reviews and the ones that mention it said it was cancelled. I was glad to have checked the day before because I was able to book an alternate tour and not have to make a quick decision about what to do. We snorkeled and the "champagne bubbles" we swam in were worth the trip. Really unique.

Bummer about the tubing, I was looking forward to it. Maybe it will be up by December when I get there. If not, would you mind telling me where you snorkeled and about the "champagne bubbles"?

Thanks,

Bummer about the tubing, I was looking forward to it. Maybe it will be up by December when I get there.

Yes, we wanted to do this river tubing also.

If not, would you mind telling me where you snorkeled and about the "champagne bubbles"?

Here's some info on the Champagne snorkeling:

http://cruises.about.com/od/caribbeancruises/a/dominica_snorkl.htm

I've sent an e-mail to East Coast Taxi to find out whether the River Tubing was still cancelled (I sail in 2 weeks). Have not heard from them as of yet. Will post here once I know something.

I might do the ATV excursion instead.

Joanne

I've sent an e-mail to East Coast Taxi to find out whether the River Tubing was still cancelled (I sail in 2 weeks). Have not heard from them as of yet. Will post here once I know something.

I might do the ATV excursion instead.

Joanne

We would certainly appreciate it if you will post when you find out.

houstontx

We would certainly appreciate it if you will post when you find out.

houstontx

Just heard back from West Coast Taxi, it seems like the River Tubing is a go. I'm going to be there on November 6.

Can't wait.

Joanne

Just heard back from West Coast Taxi, it seems like the River Tubing is a go. I'm going to be there on November 6.

Can't wait.

Joanne

Thanks for the info........that is great, have a fantastic time.

Thank you for the update. I'm going to try and contact West Coast Taxi via email. See if they may do more than just take you to the river. It would be fun to see at least one of waterfalls there. They're so beautiful.

Thanks again for posting the update.

Let us know after your trip how it was.....

Alan & Regina

We just returned from the 10/14 sailing on Destiny. We booked a combo Canopy Tour/ River Tubing excursion through ShoreTrips since you could not book those two tours together through Carnival. Both were excellent. The canopy tour was challenging- and we just did the moderate course although there was a harder course we could have done. After, they drove us to the river tubing. There was about 9 in our group plus 4 guides. The river was not very deep. They said that parts of the river were at one time up to 13 feet deep, but after Dean came through, it washed all the sand and stuff off the hillside and now it's only up to your knees. The current is very strong and eventually, it will wash all the extra sand into the ocean. We were floating down the river and tour busses would come along and stop to watch us. We felt so lucky that we were in this cool water floating around and they were all hot and packed on the bus. We had a great time and would recommend this tour.

We just returned from the 10/14 sailing on Destiny. We booked a combo Canopy Tour/ River Tubing excursion through ShoreTrips since you could not book those two tours together through Carnival. Both were excellent. The canopy tour was challenging- and we just did the moderate course although there was a harder course we could have done. After, they drove us to the river tubing. There was about 9 in our group plus 4 guides. The river was not very deep. They said that parts of the river were at one time up to 13 feet deep, but after Dean came through, it washed all the sand and stuff off the hillside and now it's only up to your knees. The current is very strong and eventually, it will wash all the extra sand into the ocean. We were floating down the river and tour busses would come along and stop to watch us. We felt so lucky that we were in this cool water floating around and they were all hot and packed on the bus. We had a great time and would recommend this tour.

Thank you so much for your review. I will be the one tubing down the river in 2 weeks time.

Joanne

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the Wacky Rollers River Tubing tour independently. We went about Oct. 26th (just before the hurricane). The tubing was the highlight excursion of our cruise. There were 12 of us. All had booked independently. A taxi picks you up at the ships pier and you are driven up about midway up the mountain. You are dropped off and given an explanation on tubing down the river. We had four very safety conscious young man float down the river with us. They kept us away from the rivers edge and any large rocks. At the end of the tour we relaxed and were offered homemade rum. It was a great time. I would suggest you pay them in cash at the office, instead of using a credit card. Their office seemed a little unorganized.

Ina

Thanks for the review! I'm signed up for wacky tubing through the ship and there are a few people from my Roll Call who are also signed up. It sounds like great fun, can't wait. Only three more Sundays until I'm on Explorer of the Seas! YEA!!:D

Does anyone have any pictures of the tubing excursion?

As promised, I am back to tell you all about the excursion.

To begin, no I do not have any pictures, and thank god, I did not have a camera, or I would've lost it. Anybody, thinking of bringing a camera think again.

This excursion was loads of fun. One of the best I've ever done. There was 4 of us, with 3 guides going down the river. You need to put on a lifejacket. About half-way through, one guy flipped his tube. I was making fun of way. Two minutes later, it was my turn. I lose my sunglasses, had I had my camera, I probably would've lost that as well. It wasn't scary or anything, just pure fun. Most of the time was medium/slow, and then you had a few little rapids.

West Coast Taxi was very prompt, and I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat. Well worth the money.

Joanne

As promised, I am back to tell you all about the excursion.

To begin, no I do not have any pictures, and thank god, I did not have a camera, or I would've lost it. Anybody, thinking of bringing a camera think again.

This excursion was loads of fun. One of the best I've ever done. There was 4 of us, with 3 guides going down the river. You need to put on a lifejacket. About half-way through, one guy flipped his tube. I was making fun of way. Two minutes later, it was my turn. I lose my sunglasses, had I had my camera, I probably would've lost that as well. It wasn't scary or anything, just pure fun. Most of the time was medium/slow, and then you had a few little rapids.

West Coast Taxi was very prompt, and I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat. Well worth the money.

Joanne

did they give you paddles or oars.

Archived