Cancelled Tour

Wirral

I am on VOS departing Saturday for the Med. I booked a tour well over 6 months ago and today it has just been cancelled. I know they cancel if they do not have enough wanting to take the tour. However I thought they might have let me know when I could still book something through the internet. Unfortunately it is now too late. Has this happened to anyone else?

As this was a major Rome tour we could be in trouble getting on another one which I could book when on the ship.

Losing our choice of tour is bad but being told so late so we can not reschedule is lousy!:( :( :(

I am on VOS departing Saturday for the Med. I booked a tour well over 6 months ago and today it has just been cancelled. I know they cancel if they do not have enough wanting to take the tour. However I thought they might have let me know when I could still book something through the internet. Unfortunately it is now too late. Has this happened to anyone else?

As this was a major Rome tour we could be in trouble getting on another one which I could book when on the ship.

Losing our choice of tour is bad but being told so late so we can not reschedule is lousy!:( :( :(

If the reason for the cancellation *is* low enrollment, then they were probably waiting until the closing of online booking to give every possible opportunity for there to be enough people.

If there is a problem with the vendor, then there is nothing that you can do.

There is always a chance that there will be enough interest once all of the passengers have boarded that they will reinstate the excursion.

Meanwhile, check out the Ports of Call board. Many people have specific recommendations for private tours of Rome. For me, a seasoned visitor to Rome, a private tour would be EXTREMELY preferable to a ship's tour.

At least they gave you some notice, that has happened to us many times, we booked online then the day before the excursion is was canceled.

That is worse than your situation since we never could find anything available the night before.

Take a look at the tours online and when you get onboard ask the shore excursion desk for some ideas.

It is a bummer but I hope you can find something else.:)

We had a snorkel tour canceled the night before because the catamaran broke down, it could definitely be something of this nature rather then lack of participation since I would think that decision would be made once people signed up on board. They leave 30% of the available tickets to book on board so I would have a Plan B and go either right to the tour desk if it is open or as soon as your room is open book it on the TV and as a last alternative the purser's desk was able to rebook our canceled tour because the tour desk was closed. They don't know the excursions though so you have to know what you want to do and the tour number.

Thanks for all your comments. Yes we have looked through the other trips and have alternatives if room. Have thought of private trip but as there are only 2 of us it becomes very expensive. Hope this is our only problem next week as I am so looking forward to getting away.

Archived