enough space to sleep 3?

Juliah40

We are looking to go on our first RCCL this Summer. It will be me, my husband and our 10 year old son. My only concern is the sleeping space. It seems like most of the rooms have 2 twin beds (which can be converted to a queen). My husband is a wrestler and very big. Just the 2 of us sleep in a king sized bed. I think it would be hard for 3 of us to fit in the queen bed. Are there other options that are within a reasonable price range? Thanks for any info. Love, J

We sleep 3 all the time. There is a twin bed on each side of the room and a bed that pulls down from the wall/ceiling for the 3rd bed. If you are neat you won't have any problem. We don't spend enough time in the room for it to become cramped.

We've cruised with our two children when they were teenagers in a normal size cabin with bunk beds and a cabin with a fold out sleeper. It worked fine with us but takes a little coordination with bathroom time. A 10 year old shouldn't be much of a problem. As far as the queen size bed is concerned. We sleep in a king at home and I'm 6' 5" and bigger than the average bear. My wife and I do just fine in the RCCL beds. I think they are a generous queen if there is such a thing.

We always have had a balcony with a pulldown bunk above, which my daughter, (now 12) always looks forward to sleeping in. The cabin stewards have always given her mints on her own pillow as well! Yes, its a cruise ship, no cabin is huge unless you book a grand suite, presidential etc....

It will be fine, but here's a hint: bring along an extra hairdryer. The one they give you is small and powerless, also, an over the door plastic organizer is a great way to free up space, would never travel without it.

Happy Cruising! :D:D

We've cruised a number of times with 3 adults in a room, usually with a foldout bed. - The over the door shoe holder is great for everyone's toiletries. I also bring a hanging shoe bag for the closet. - I buy the cheapest I can get at the dollar store, then usually leave them in the room when we leave (they don't flatten back as nicely!). These organizers aren't needed when there are just 2 of us, but with 3 it's the difference between clutter and neat! And cruzer's suggestion on the hair dryer is right on; the one in the room isn't powerful at all....

We are looking to go on our first RCCL this Summer. It will be me, my husband and our 10 year old son. My only concern is the sleeping space. It seems like most of the rooms have 2 twin beds (which can be converted to a queen). My husband is a wrestler and very big. Just the 2 of us sleep in a king sized bed. I think it would be hard for 3 of us to fit in the queen bed. Are there other options that are within a reasonable price range? Thanks for any info. Love, J

Last month, we cruised to Alaska on the Radiance. Royal Caribbean offered cabins which were able to sleep 3, and three of our tablemates were crusing that way. You are talking about a couple and a single grown woman -- they felt crushed in. Our cruise was 14-nights, and they stayed on the ship for a cruise to Hawaii of similar duration.:eek:

We are looking to go on our first RCCL this Summer. It will be me, my husband and our 10 year old son.

The 4 of us have always stayed in one room. Me, DH and 2 DD (ages 11 and 19). There's enough room. Cozy and fun! Bathroom and all getting ready on formal night is a bit of an interesting juggle though. :eek:

Archived