Got my rccl visa bill yesterday and the 15000 points were there!

The website says that to get the credit, you have to have a qualifying purchase. Does anyone know what they consider to be a qualifying purchase? Does it have to be above a certain dollar amount or a selected item catagory?

Thanks for any info :)

Very exciting to see those points! Not so exciting to see the balance due though! :eek: LOL

~Connie

I got my card after I booked my cruise, but today I paid for the remainder with it. I haven't gotten my statement yet . . . looking foward to it. Any little bit will help. :o

Renee

How long did it take for your cards to come. I applied 9 days ago, hubby just 7 days. I thought maybe we would have them by now. I called and we were both approved. Just waiting on the cards.

We got ours (dh got one too!) in about 7 days. Really quick!

~Connie

The website says that to get the credit, you have to have a qualifying purchase. Does anyone know what they consider to be a qualifying purchase? Does it have to be above a certain dollar amount or a selected item catagory?

Thanks for any info :)

I charged $12 on one card to activate it and used the other card regularly....maybe a little too regular LOL. The "qualifying" purchase means it cant be a cash advance or balance transfer.

Got the 15000 points for the $12 purchase! So I guess that qualifies!

~connie

Janet,

I assume you did not get statement yet. Therefore I assume you can go online to check points and balance?? Can you also pay online?? I am used to paying Shell credit card online (only one I use)

Can you give me the website. I have not received anything yet

How long did it take for your cards to come. I applied 9 days ago, hubby just 7 days. I thought maybe we would have them by now. I called and we were both approved. Just waiting on the cards.

I applied the Thurs before Columbus Day, got it in 7 days. Used it 3 days later, got bill today with bonus points. My parents left this morning for AOS, booking 3 cabins on the Independence for Nov 08. I gave her the card and hopefully they let her use it for my deposit (any everyone elses!)

I signed up for the charge, made a nominal purchase and received my statement with the 15000 points. I called the credit card company and requested my certificate for $$ off my Feb 08 cruise prior to even paying the credit card statement. I was sent the certificate in about two weeks, which I have sent to RCCL for a credit on my upcoming cruise.

I did pay the credit card online, as I do all my charge cards, without a problem.

I plan on paying the final bill for the cruise on the credit card and then requesting certificates for onboard credits on that cruise.

Janet,

I assume you did not get statement yet. Therefore I assume you can go online to check points and balance?? Can you also pay online?? I am used to paying Shell credit card online (only one I use)

Can you give me the website. I have not received anything yet

Well as it turns out my mortgage is also with BOA so when I signed on I saw the credit card information and you are able to view it, which is how I knew I had the 15,000 points, and yes I was also able to pay it then too. The website is

Bank of America | Home | Personal

I think you have to wait until your first statement. My boyfriend just got his card last Friday. We used it Sat. and got the first statement yesterday. the points are broken out as 2500 and then 12500. We got them and I have to say I thought I would have to call based on past threads.

I think you have to wait until your first statement. My boyfriend just got his card last Friday. We used it Sat. and got the first statement yesterday. the points are broken out as 2500 and then 12500. We got them and I have to say I thought I would have to call based on past threads.

I thought the same thing. And if you just sign on to bank of america you cant see the points, but somewhere in there you can view your statement in PDF format and thats where the points show.

I have heard not to redeem the points until you need them since they need to be redeemed within 6 months, so I am waiting before I ask for my certificate. I honestly never thought I would get them that quick either, especially after all that has been said on this board about them. But I am glad they are there already!

I got my first statement that showed the 15,000 points the other day. I immediately called B of A and requested to cash in the points. I asked them for the certificate number and they gave it to me. Then I called the Crown and Anchor society and gave them the certificate number... and they took 150 bucks off the balance of my cruise. The total owed changed online right away, and I just need to mail off the certificates when they arrive in the mail. Neat, huh?

I am trying to determine how many points it would take to get anything out of it. Can anyone tell me how many points would be necessary to book an inside cabin on Mariner if the cost per person was $650.

We use our card for everything and have a great card now and get reward points that we've used and have no annual fee. I am having trouble wrapping my mind around how many points it would take to make a difference.

Would appreciate your responses.

Hey Janet,

I think we were both on the Mariner at the same time...10/05

Do you still cruise as a group on the Mariner?

I thought your name looked familiar! Yes I do believe we were. Yes we still do cruise as a group, although the group breaks off in different forms sometimes. Tiffany and I were just on the mariner with some other friends in August. Actually I still keep in touch with MamaKaiz and Terri and they are going to try and go on the Genesis inaugural with us, you should consider joining us! It would make a great reunion cruise.

And yes if you make a payment on your cruise it counts as a qualifying purchase. I only charged $20 at walmart and it counted right away!

Archived