CROWN Princess--Which swimming pool is this?

LAKaye

Which swimming pool is featured on the Cruise Critic main page today?

There's a very inviting pool with a bronze statue at one end; one man is swimming; there's an amphitheater-esque bit of seating on the far end?

Thank you ~~

Leslie

This was a great pool when we were on the Crown. Most people didn't know about it, or figured because of its proximity to the Sanctuary that you had to pay for it (it's actually free).

The swim against the current feature is neat; it really can function as a lap pool, as the current is quite strong - so much so that it's a bit of a battle to get back to the little metal machine between the two hot tubs to turn it off!

This pool is wonderful I have not been on the crown, but on 2 other grand class ships. NO ONE goes to this pool.

Yes, it is adults only. There are 2 hot tubs and the pool. It is up 1 deck and forward from the other pools, it is kind of hidden in a way, and again most adults use the adults pool in the back OR the main 2 pools, leaving this one pretty empty.

No cruise activities around this pool or music, so if you want a quiet place, this is it!

I have been at this pool on the Grand and Diamond many times... and on both there was ample "cocktail" service... but the closest actual "bar" is at the main Lido pool.

I've often seen children at and IN this pool on both ships... so the "adults only" concept isn't always respected. I'm not sure what one does to get the rugrats outta there. :) Hate to be a party-pooper.

Is this pool covered or are you able to get sun?

How is bar service in this area?

Thanks for the info, I truly appreciate it.

Best of cruising to you all!

Jan

Jan,

The amphitheater-esque seats (wood) are located in a sunny spot. Just to let you know, I took that pic around 4 in the afternoon...So It might get morn sun during the day. But basically, it's shaded due to the location of the pool.

They do have waiters going around for bar service. We enjoyed a nice relaxing drink in the hot tub...:)

As others have stated it is a very quiet, peaceful area. No children. Mostly "older" generation.

I used the swim against the current feature, gave me a good work out.

Happy cruising,

Chris

Archived