Cabins released after final payment deadline

urkidn

We have an inside cabin booked during spring break because that is all that is available at the moment. I am hoping that some outside or balcony cabins will come up after final payment has passed and I can upgrade. Does anyone know if cabins released after final payment on a fairly full ship come up at the full brochure rate because of the limited availability or are they usually discounted? I know it's a difficult question to answer because it is impossible to predict the market but I was hoping that someone may have already gone through a similar experience.

depends on the ship and the cruise. If its spring break on the Gem for a 10 day trip the chances are relatively small. Other ships it may be better. Spring break tends to hold fairly well with relatively few cancellations. The same for Presidents week.. Good luck...

It's an 11nt'er on Pride of Aloha during spring break/easter so I guess my chances are slim. I'm a bit claustrophobic and find a window and natural light helps. I've been reading that the cabins are small on this ship plus we are bringing our son which makes it a bit tighter. I will keep checking....

It's an 11nt'er on Pride of Aloha during spring break/easter so I guess my chances are slim. I'm a bit claustrophobic and find a window and natural light helps. I've been reading that the cabins are small on this ship plus we are bringing our son which makes it a bit tighter. I will keep checking....
No your chances on this one are good...Much better than a new ship on the East Coast and at 11 nights that is long for the spring break types...good luck again...

Also I am surprised these are sold out. Have you tried one of the larger TA's they(NCL) have wholesaled these rooms to a TA group and you may be able to get a window or a balcony through them. Shop around and see you can always cancel you other reservation if you find one.

I just checked one of the websites that advertises here and they show window and balcony availability for 4/ 5 and 4/16

I already have our airfare for March plus we don't want to take our son out of school in April so that is not an option. I booked the larger of the inside cabins which I'm sure will be fine but I will definitely keep checking to see if something opens up.

I think the price will totaly be based on supply and demand. If the ship is nearly full and they think they can get a high price, they will certainly try. If the cabins do not sell well, prices drop.

Never fear, you will be thrilled with an inside cabin - they are really not any different from an outside, except for the window. Balconies are nice to have but usually a good bit more expensive.

Also I am surprised these are sold out.

I just checked one of the websites that advertises here and they show window and balcony availability for 4/ 5 and 4/16

Believe it or not, some of these Pride of Aloha sailings really are selling out and way in advance. We are on for President's week and it keeps selling out and then some insides open. I printed out all kinds of info for friends of ours to go with us, then it was sold out. I was very surprised. I know an early January that is booked by one of the CC regulars is also sold out.

Easter is very early this year, March 23ish.

To OP:

I know TA's used to be able to waitlist people. Don't know if that's still possible.

Welcome to the new worlds of less ships in a market. When they move one away they others fill up fast!

I read a month or two ago that there were rumors that NCL was going to give up the whole NCLA thing "soon."

I wonder if the recent changes are too little to late and NCLA will be a thing of the past or if the rumor was just a rumor and the changes are pointing to a brighter future.

We have an inside cabin booked during spring break because that is all that is available at the moment. I am hoping that some outside or balcony cabins will come up after final payment has passed and I can upgrade. Does anyone know if cabins released after final payment on a fairly full ship come up at the full brochure rate because of the limited availability or are they usually discounted? I know it's a difficult question to answer because it is impossible to predict the market but I was hoping that someone may have already gone through a similar experience.

Our experience has been that they will want to charge a cancellation fee for the cabins you have once the final payment is due.

Didn't make much sense to us, but at least they are consistent.

Archived