Where to buy alcohol on St Thomas

susi_q

Sorry to start another thread, but I've looked and can't find it.

Where do you go to find the best prices and selection on St Thomas? Do prices vary between Havensite and downtown? I've seen that the shops in town will deliver to the ship ... ever had a problem getting lost in transit?

Thanks.

sue

We've used AH Riise now 3 times with no problems. They have a good selection and will deliver to your ship (provided you place your order at least 3 hours before sailing time) Their main store is downtown but they also have a branch in the havensight mall. Another option is Al Cohen's discount liquors across from havensight, but I haven't had any personal experience with them.

We that live here in St Thomas buy our liquor in K-Mart, PriceSmart or Cost-U-Less. These places have the best prices overall.

There is a K-Mart within a 8 minute walk of the cruise ship dock, but you will have to lug the booze back to the ship yourself.

The last poster listed reputible liqour stoes, (Riise's and Al Cohan's) that are in the cruise dock area. Their prices are good and have the largest selection.

Susi it's right around the corner u take a left out of havensight at the first "intersection" you'll turn right (you'll see a Peublo supermarket (for a road mark) about 10-20 seconds up the road you'll see K-Mart on your left... If you pass McDonalds you went too far!!!)

It's less than a 5 min drive!!!!

(Double-check these directions with your car rental company incase something is going on with the roads that day!!!)

• 3 weeks later...

if you're going to buy it in St Maarten, do some checking on duty free situation. You can bring back quite a bit more booze from St Thomas. I don't remember all the ins and outs of it but seems like each person can bring back at least 4 liters from St Thomas. Hasn't been an issue for us as we typically only bring back 4 liters between us.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The stores at the port in St. Martin were a couple bucks cheaper than St. Thomas. Others that went into Marigot reported it was still cheaper there. Also, when we got back to the ship there were two lines to board. I didn't realize that until I was onboard in the crew's line. It was much quicker and they did not confiscate anything. I didn't have to wait until Saturday night to receive my purchases.

Archived