How much do things cost?

oshkosh1

We are trying to put together a budget for items on board the ship for our March cruise on JOS. How much can we expect to pay for each of the following?

Pictures?

Mixed Drinks?

Soda Card for a 13-year-old?

Import Beer?

Domestic Beer?

Thanks for your help!

I will try to remeber...

Pictures $15.00 and up

Specialty drinks like Marg and bahama mama, etc. are $6.00 if they are in specialty glass (you keep) and $4.50 in regular glass

Beer $4.00 Bud Light, etc.

Import I think was $5.00

Soda Card $20.00

Anyone want to correct me? Happy sailing!

XO

Kim:)

Just back off of FOS and . . .

Pictures - $9.95 and up. When I went to purchase our embarkation photo (they printed two since it was my sister and I), I was told it would be $19.95 because I HAD to purchase it as a package (huh??). I left them sitting right there!

Drinks - drink of the day was $5.95. Most frozen drinks were between $6.00 and $7.50. I'm not sure what the price of beer, shots, etc. were.

Soda Card - $42 for one week. You were not allowed to purchase a portion of that time. Individual sodas were $1.75 each.

Hope that helps!

Buying the wine package to go with dinner can help in the cost management. You can always take your unfinished bottles with you to the cabin so the cost of drinks that night can decrease. I believe the cost is around $23.00 per bottle this way.

Please correct me if I am wrong here. You can get a package for 5, 7, 10 and 12 bottles.

Unless your kids drinks HUGE quantities of soda, you may be better off buying them by the can! $1.50 per.

A regular cocktail (no foo-foo frozen stuff) is about $4.50--very strong drinks!

Soda is $1.75 per can plus tip so $2.01. With a soda card being $4 per day plus tip for a child it is not huge quantities of soda that must be consumed. The soda card is a great deal for a teenager.

A regular cocktail (no foo-foo frozen stuff) is about $4.50--very strong drinks!

I was drinking Johnnie Walker Red Label Scotch and club soda on FoS three weeks ago. They were $5.75 each ($5.00 + 15% gratuity). They were also mixed very "liberally". :D

We are trying to put together a budget for items on board the ship for our March cruise on JOS. How much can we expect to pay for each of the following?

Pictures?

Mixed Drinks?

Soda Card for a 13-year-old?

Import Beer?

Domestic Beer?

Thanks for your help!

Is this your first cruise? or have you cruised before? The reason I ask is that there is more you should consider.

1. Above all, you need to budget for tips! That's per person. Not sure about how much is suggested for a 13-year-old. Probably considered an adult at that age.

2. What about port excursions? If you are a first-time cruiser, you might want to have the cruiseline handle your excursions, although they cost more that way. Once you get used to cruising, you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself.

3. Spa? gambling? special restaurants?

Personally, except for the tipping, we usually don't spend anything on a cruise, but I just wanted to be sure you are looking at this realistically.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise.

Above all, you need to budget for tips! That's per person. Not sure about how much is suggested for a 13-year-old. Probably considered an adult at that age.

On RCCL adults and kids have the same suggested tipping amount. If you need to figure out how much it will be, check out http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/ which will calculate your tips for you.

Quote from Petesweet "Personally, except for the tipping, we usually don't spend anything on a cruise, but I just wanted to be sure you are looking at this realistically."

:confused: What about wine with your meal, shore excursions, speciality restaurants, etc. etc.? Can one really do a cruise and actually spend nothing apart from tips? Obviously it CAN be done but is it the norm?

Buying the wine package to go with dinner can help in the cost management. You can always take your unfinished bottles with you to the cabin so the cost of drinks that night can decrease. I believe the cost is around $23.00 per bottle this way.

Please correct me if I am wrong here. You can get a package for 5, 7, 10 and 12 bottles.

That's the Gold Wine and Dine Pkg which is $22.60 + 15% gratuity or $26 per bottle. There are higher priced Platinum and Diamond Pkgs with higher end wines. If you go to RC web site under Deals & Gigts, select Gifts & Gear Aboard and Wine & Dine for the wine selections and prices for the different packages. Also note that the higher priced pkgs also have the same wines offered on the Gold Pkg so don't choose a higher or the highest priced one if your taste is mostly for wines also offered on the less expensive package.

Just back off of FOS and . . .

Pictures - $9.95 and up. When I went to purchase our embarkation photo (they printed two since it was my sister and I), I was told it would be $19.95 because I HAD to purchase it as a package (huh??). I left them sitting right there!

Drinks - drink of the day was $5.95. Most frozen drinks were between $6.00 and $7.50. I'm not sure what the price of beer, shots, etc. were.

Soda Card - $42 for one week. You were not allowed to purchase a portion of that time. Individual sodas were $1.75 each.

Hope that helps!

We had five couples on the 9/23 Mariner cruise. Our embarkation photo was great but they only made one. I was able to get the number off the back and everyone else only had to pay $9.95 as well.

I never paid more than $5.95 for a pina colada and the tip is included unless, of course, you want to add more.

Is this your first cruise? or have you cruised before? The reason I ask is that there is more you should consider.

1. Above all, you need to budget for tips! That's per person. Not sure about how much is suggested for a 13-year-old. Probably considered an adult at that age.

2. What about port excursions? If you are a first-time cruiser, you might want to have the cruiseline handle your excursions, although they cost more that way. Once you get used to cruising, you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself.

3. Spa? gambling? special restaurants?

Personally, except for the tipping, we usually don't spend anything on a cruise, but I just wanted to be sure you are looking at this realistically.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise.

I think we've got that all figured out - we know what the suggested tips are, we've researched the shore excursions, spa & specialty restaurants online, and we don't gamble (much). The only pieces of the puzzle that we didn't have were the latest prices on drinks & pictures, since it's been a few years since we cruised on RCI. Thanks!

Quote from Petesweet "Personally, except for the tipping, we usually don't spend anything on a cruise, but I just wanted to be sure you are looking at this realistically."

:confused: What about wine with your meal, shore excursions, speciality restaurants, etc. etc.? Can one really do a cruise and actually spend nothing apart from tips? Obviously it CAN be done but is it the norm?

Well, we don't drink, but we also have to limit our spending so we can enjoy cruising as often as we would like. If we do enjoy a port excursion, it's one we book ourselves, but usually we can enjoy just walking around town. Specialty restaurants? We enjoy the dining room too much. Better food there than we get at home, that's for sure.;) I should say that this style of cruising requires that we find a ship that we enjoy for itself. If we're on an aged ship (we didn't enjoy the Norwegian Majesty, for instance), then the cruise leaves us wishing we had had something else. Now we do a lot of research on the ship ahead of time. Boy did we ever enjoy the Explorer last month!!!

Archived