day room???

awsmrn

Do you mean your flight arrives in N.O. at 9am? If so, by the time you gather your luggage, leave the airport, and get to the pier, it will probably be around 10:30. Sometimes, you can start the embarkation process by 11.

However, if you're driving in and leaving your car at the N.O. Port Authority lot, you could just leave your luggage in the car, walk over to Riverwalk and have breakfast (beignets & cafe au lait!) or just walk around an hour or so, go to the car and retrieve your luggage, and start checking in.:)

That small window of time wouldn't be worth getting a hotel, I wouldn't think......which, BTW, would cost you an add'l $100 at least.

Hope this helps.

You're quite welcome!:) I always drive to the port, and try to arrive by 11am, about the time they start checking folks in....and I'm usually on the ship by noon. I've read lots of posts from people who get to the port by 10:30 - the later you get there, the longer the lines.

Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

As mentioned- with a 9am flight arrival- you will be lucky to get to the port by 10:30am. Take a cab $28++ fixed to the port- porters there to drop off your bags, which I also recommend to the next poster, then if up to a walk, head to the Riverwalk mall or take the Riverfront Street car from Julia St. to the FQ for a quick look around and the the REAL Cafe Du Monde. :)

Archived