Help with tansportation back to airport

srico17

Hi all! We are on the Freedom Thanksgiving week. I have booked the most affordable (not really affordable) return flight that departs at 11:35 AM from FLL. I have come to discover that RC will not transfer us for flights prior to 12:30 PM. We are packing light and can do walk off disembarkation (provided that's still an option), so, I am just wondering if I should fib and put a 12:30 flight from the same terminal at FLL, will I be OK? Provided that there are no customs delays, when have you seen transfers leaving the port? Should I / can I get a cab from the port to the airport? My flight is fully refundable, so, should we miss it, we can just spend the night and go home Monday, but, ideally we would want be to the airport early enough for our 11:35 flight. I don't remember this rule the last few times we sailed about the 12:30 flight time!!!! Sorry for the long post.... details, details....

The transfers leave when the fill up, so you may be waiting a while for a transfer. I would not risk using the transfers. Thanksgiving weekend, if you miss your flight home, you would be lucky to get an available seat even the next day. With an 11:35am flight time out of FLL you will definitely want to self disembark and take a taxi.

We had a 11:40 flight out of FLL and we docked in Miami. We didn't do the self-disembarkation but did get an early color. We got off at 7:30, found our luggage got through customs, and all that stuff and were in a taxi at 8am. Friday morning mid-amount of traffic and we were at FLL at 8:35am. The taxi was 65$ plus tip. I would never wait for the transfers if you have a early flight.

We used THESE people. Called them when we woke up (had made prior reservations though), and they were waiting for us at the pier when we walked off the ship. Woke up at 6:00 AM, were at the FLL airport by 7:30 AM. They charged us $100 for the 5 of us round trip. We did self-disembarkation.

Thank you for such quick responses! I'm thinking the taxi is the way to go. We are a group of 4 with probably 2 large suitcases and 2 medium. 2 adults, 2 children. Are taxis readily available at the port to FLL? Do you think the $65. would be about right for the 4 of us as described? Even if I tip $10-$20., that's less than the transfers will be.... am I on track?

Thank you for such quick responses! I'm thinking the taxi is the way to go. We are a group of 4 with probably 2 large suitcases and 2 medium. 2 adults, 2 children. Are taxis readily available at the port to FLL? Do you think the $65. would be about right for the 4 of us as described? Even if I tip $10-$20., that's less than the transfers will be.... am I on track?

the 65$ was right and we were in a minivan. All the taxis were lined up outside and plenty of them.

Definitely take a cab! There will be TONS and TONS of them when you get off the ship. Fast, easy and affordable. No pre-arrangements needed! You'll have plenty of time to make the flight--even if you don't carry off your own bags--just make sure you're in one of the first couple of groups to be called!

Archived