Livorno Centrale or Livorno Ferraris

loriantimt

We are sailing on the Regatta from Venice to Barcelona next week...can't wait to leave! We're trying to figure out what train station is closest to the dock in Livorno so we can make arrangements to go to Florence. Does anyone know which train station works best?

We are sailing on the Regatta from Venice to Barcelona next week...can't wait to leave! We're trying to figure out what train station is closest to the dock in Livorno so we can make arrangements to go to Florence. Does anyone know which train station works best?

hi,

try posting this on the europe boards.... you should get all the information you need

I just checked Trenitalia for schedules on Nov. 1 from Livorno Centrale to Florence. There are many trains from that station to Florence that do not require a change of trains and take about 1 1/2 hours for the trip. When we took the train from Livorno last year we used the Centrale station. There might have been another Livorno station but it would have been on the outskirts of Livorno and wouldn't have been close to the port.

When I searched for schedules from Livorno, Trenitalia showed a Livorno Ferraris station but Livorno Ferraris is a town in Northern Italy near Torino. It is probably about 150 to 200 miles from Livorno.

Hope this helps.

As DaveFr points out, you want Livorno Centrale. You can take a bus there from near the docks. The bus is marked #1 Stazione, and you can buy tickets at any tobacco stand, of which there are several near the docks. Remember your train will be marked Firenze.

While you can certainly buy your ticket at a tobacco stand as Boreus points out, we just bought them at the train station. Wherever you buy your ticket, be sure and validate it in one of the yellow ticket validation machines at the train station. If you are found with an unvalidated ticket on the train, there's a big fine. :D

If you're walking from the dock in Livorno to the bus, if in doubt, stay to the left and don't go over the bridge. Look for a tall statue to guide you. It's maybe 4 or 5 blocks. I realize that's a bit fuzzy information, but hope it helps. I've now walked it twice - a bit confusing, but doable. I don't remember if you can pay on the bus (for the bus, not the train!), but I think we had to buy bus tickets at a tobacco shop or newstand on the way there.

Archived