Drinking Water(bottles, etc)??

I've seen people post that they bring on their own water bottles. I assume this means we get charged for water bottles? Are there water fountains? Does the 'tap' water have a horrible taste or is it not potable?

Big water drinker: I don't drink soda, tea and rarely lemonade or juice. (like mixed drinks tho:) ) I'm not a 'water snob' :) for lack of a better expression. Don't care about brands and will drink tap water most places...

The water on the ships is perfectly fine, in fact it is better than most bottled waters. You can get glasses of water in the dining room, buffet, at the bars, from your bathroom, etc with no worries. I usually will bring a few empty bottles of water with me to fill up on the ship to take with me when I go into port.

They will have bottled water for sale on the ship.

We don't bring water, either! Too much weight! And, the water onboard is fine. The room attendant will keep you stocked in ice, so ice water is always avail.

When we do a shore excursion where we may need water,(in ports where the sanitation is "iffy") we will buy a small bottled water, and just keep the bottle to refill, if needed.

I too filled the empty watter bottles I brought in my suitcase for drinking, from the tap in our bathroom. I didn't end up carrying them around as much as I thought I would, however, I did carry them when we went ashore in ports. On Vision of the Seas, in the Solarium, there was a cooler with ice water in it whenever the cafe there was open, and you could get your own glass of water. One time I even asked a bar service guy who was walking around the pool deck getting drinks for people, if he'd get me a glass of water. He kind of smirked and said OK, and my friend said "We'll see -- he might not come back" (cause water is free), but sure enough he did and I tipped him for the favor! Have a great time!

Archived