Does OBC increase if you get an upgrade?

mmyorkston

Someone out there surely knows the answer to this one. If you book an inside guarantee with FCC does the amount of the OBC increase when you are upgraded to an outside cabin? Or are you stuck with the amount of OBC based on your booking? The upgrade fairy has struck and I don't know what to expect.

I may be wrong but I believe it is on your original booking. The OBC fairy is giving a gift of upgrade room so they wont up your credits too. Again I can be wrong.

I don't think you're wrong. To the OP, enjoy your upgrade; you're already ahead.

Pia

while on a cruise, we always pay a deposit for the "next cruise" which Princess will give shipboard credit according to what stateroom is booked for the future cruise. We did a Panama a few years ago and booked "I" Guar. We were upgraded to a balcony so the future shipboard credit also went from $75 to $100. We sure didn't expect that...but a nice perk from Princess. We got the upgrade & extra money!

I got it once when they first started it (the onboard bookings). I booked an inside at the last minute and a day later they had outsides at the same price. My TA convinced them to move me to an outside cabin. I then called and complained about that if I had booked it a day later, I would have gotten the extra money and they gave it to me. I wouldn't expect them to do this again - this was several years ago.

Archived