Princess goes on Mariner

Denisern2

I think when a lot of people talk about "class" they're talking about the activities offered and the people who choose one line over another, and I take great exception to that. I suppose that one person's "class" is another person's "dull." Princess doesn't have a lot of the "silly" activities - Quest, bellyflop, sexy legs - that RCI has. I might agree that the cruising experience is more sedate on Princess, but that doesn't make it classier - bores can be boors, too, after all.;)

I would agree that the RCI ships tend to be more interesting. I'm not a fan of the Promenade, but I love the glass of a Radiance or Vision class ship. The colors and artwork tend to be more eyecatching (sometimes over the top) on RCI as well.

I've been a confirmed RCI fan in the past, but have also sailed 7 times on Princess. I prefer the larger Princess ships to the smaller ones. On RCI I prefer the smaller (if a 2600 pax ship can be considered small, LOL) to the larger. Go figure.

Crown Princess had plenty of inane pool games. It is total nonsense, spouted by some Princess cheerleaders, that Princess doesn't have these and RC does, making RC a "tackier" cruiseline.

The food in the specialty restaurants is wonderful and the service is usually great!!

There have been complaints from long-time RCI cruisers about the food, it wasn't just your table :)

###

We had wonderful food and service on the Brilliance and that was 3 weeks ago. I can not say one meal either in the buffet or DR in the evening ( DR for lunch or breakfast is too much of a waste of time for me) was even remotely off. I think when people cruise so much they become jaded and over critical, but that is IMHO. But since I have done 7 RCI cruises my opinion can hardly be dismissed. Besides I heard one complaint about no "bloomin onion"; well as a seasoned eater with a fairly refined palate, that is not even on my radar as food, no less fine food. Not to say I have never eaten it, but it never counts as anything but junk food to me. So food will always be a contested point.

What amazes me is that some people act as if they ate gourmet food everyday.

Archived