Chi Flat Iron

Soxfan05

Well, I used the Chi this morning with excellent results! Now I'm off to my son's championship football game IN THE RAIN! At least I'll look good when I leave the house.

For those of you looking, Folica has the one I bought for $95 :eek: - a fantastic deal . The same one sells for $150 at Target- I paid a little more at my salon but was told that I can bring it back for the life of the product if anything ever happens. I chuckled thinking roller sets will be back in style within a year and my Chi will be out of style.

Hi all,

I bought the Solia flat iron from Folica.com. The reviews were very high, more than the CHI flat iron. Oh, I bought limited edition pink one:) . I also bought, thanks to the info here on CC, the CHI infusion too.

I hope this helps. My hair isn't really too frizzy, it's dry on the ends and a pain for me to style, it doesn't lay flat. My hair is thin on top and also thick on the bottom:confused: and takes forever to blow dry and another forever to attempt style:( . Forfget about shine.....nil:eek: .

I LOVE the before and after photos on the Folica web site. The smooth, shiny and straight style is what I want.

Thanks for all the advice and info!!

I looooooooove my Chi! It heats up REALLY quickly, which is yet another plus (we're talking 2-3 minutes to heat). My hair's naturally curly and it makes it super straight. I use the Bedhead (I think) heat hair protectant. It smells really good, and can be bought at Target, etc.

I know it sounds rather dramatic, but I don't know what I did before my Chi came along!!:D

Am I the ONLY person in the world that had bad luck with the Chi? :confused:

I waited so long, finally got one, and I was underwhelmed! I went back to my sort of cheapie ($50) Conair Infiniti flat iron. The Chi barely straightened my hair, and I had to go over and over the same spots!

I picked up the Chi hair spray...I really like it. But I don't really NEED it, so I probably won't get it again, a little too pricey. I usually just use Paul Mitchell skinny serum before and after I straighten (a very little drop...have had the same bottle for years).

Still on the eternal search for something that will keep my hair straight in humidity. I've been told to "give it up". :D

I used to use a cheapie straightener with so-so results. It never looked like it does when I leave the salon. I bought a Chi, and what do you know, I can style my hair the same as my stylist. Totally worth every penny. I too use the Chi Infusion. Trust me, it is worth it.

Just got my Chi in the mail today...tried it out ( cause it was diff from the one that I tried once) and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Hi there,

They shipped mine and it will be here tomorrow:D .

I was wondering, did you have any trouble styling your hair? I mean could you get all around your head so that it looks nice and even all over? That's what I am worried about, my hair will look different in the back than the front where I can see what I am doing.

Anyone?

Thanks for all the help ladies!!!

Hi there,

They shipped mine and it will be here tomorrow:D .

I was wondering, did you have any trouble styling your hair? I mean could you get all around your head so that it looks nice and even all over? That's what I am worried about, my hair will look different in the back than the front where I can see what I am doing.

Anyone?

Thanks for all the help ladies!!!

My hairdresser showed me how to use mine based on my cut. First, I blow dry my hair as straight as possible using a round brush for volume. Then, I divide my hair down the middle in the back and brush it all forward. Then I take small sections at a time, starting in the back and straighten it by pulling it forward. It falls back into place, straightened. I do one side at a time until my whole head is done. It was much faster and easier than I anticipated.

Depending on my mood that day or how straight I want my hair, I either do sections, starting w/underneath or I just do more of the top if I don't want my hair really straight. It also depends on how thick your hair is, mine is very thick, so for me to get really great results I have to do sections, but both ways work :)

I also have a style where I can either turn my hair under at the ends or have it a bit messier where it's not under or flips up. If I want the more polished look, I blow dry w/a round brush and curl under. If not, then I just blow dry w/my hands.

How do you curl your hair with a chi without the lines from the edges?? I haven't used a "chi" so maybe it is a little more rounded...

Also...If I straighten my hair it is flatter than a pancake..I like straight, but need some volume..any ideas?? Thinking about getting a chi..

I think that volume is a result of your cut (and the way it works with your hair type), the way you use the iron and the product. If I pull my hair straight up and then forward, I get more volume.

My hairdresser cuts me dry so he also cuts into the hair to allow for less weight on the botton layers of my hair to give me volume. It's hard to explain. The first time he cut me, he had me washed and blowdried an then had me stand up. He walked around me like a cat ready to pounce and then just attacked my head with scissors. I looked like I was standing in the middle of a cat fight with hair flying everywhere. The result was the best cut I ever had and a pretty funny experience.

How do you curl your hair with a chi without the lines from the edges?? I haven't used a "chi" so maybe it is a little more rounded...

Also...If I straighten my hair it is flatter than a pancake..I like straight, but need some volume..any ideas?? Thinking about getting a chi..

Well you do the curling w/the dryer and round brush. Once it's turned under you just follow w/the flat iron and go that direction. And yes, like soxfan said, it also depends on how your hair is cut.

As for volume, blow your hair upside down and dry the roots, then flip head up and continue drying rest of hair. I'm assuming that your hair is pretty straight to begin with? My hair has some curl/wave to it and tends to get a little frizzy, so I like the flat iron to take the friz out and to give it more shine. Maybe you don't need to flat iron or maybe you could do just the top layer of your hair rather than your whole head if you're worried about it looking too straight and flat.

Hi all!!

I just tried my flat iron (it came last week but I haven't been home) this morning and while I love the new look of my hair, I am having trouble using the flat iron. First, it took me quite a while to get used to using it. But I know in time I will get quicker.

Does anyone have any tips how to use your iron? I have it set on 370', I have colored hair so I didn't want to go too hot. I put my hair through the plates and glide over and over again until it's straight. Correct? My hair doesn't look smooth as I thought. I used CHI infusion too. Smells nice but not as smooth as I expected. I must be doing something wrong, my hair isn't that wavy or unruly.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. My guess is user error, lol. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Hi all!!

I just tried my flat iron (it came last week but I haven't been home) this morning and while I love the new look of my hair, I am having trouble using the flat iron. First, it took me quite a while to get used to using it. But I know in time I will get quicker.

Does anyone have any tips how to use your iron? I have it set on 370', I have colored hair so I didn't want to go too hot. I put my hair through the plates and glide over and over again until it's straight. Correct? My hair doesn't look smooth as I thought. I used CHI infusion too. Smells nice but not as smooth as I expected. I must be doing something wrong, my hair isn't that wavy or unruly.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. My guess is user error, lol. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Maybe you're pulling the iron too quickly thru the hair or taking sections of hair that are too big?

Maybe you're pulling the iron too quickly thru the hair or taking sections of hair that are too big?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.:)

I could be pulling my hair through too quickly. That is a possibility. I didn't think I was straightening too much at a time but that's possible too.

Tomorrow I will pay close attention to how fast I am pulling the iron and how big of a section I am ironing.

I appreciate the suggestions!

Good morning Ladies!!

With all the suggestions and help from this thread I did my hair as instructed and it came out beautiful!!

DH came into the room and said "Wow, you look real nice!". He said he noticed my hair right away and loves it. I didn't tell him I bought a flat iron, it's girly stuff, he wouldn't know what it was:rolleyes: .

I just love this look. My hair isn't shiny though but it's smooth:D .

Thank you everyone!!

I just love this look. My hair isn't shiny though but it's smooth:D . quote]

Glad to hear it came out nice and your DH liked ;)

As for the not shinny part....all you need is something like this:

http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/products_styling.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_STYLING^FRUCTIS_STYLE^FRUCTIS_STYLE_DISCOVER^STYLE_BRILLIANT&prdcode=P60013

Any glossing spray will do, but I've been very happy w/these products. I spray mine before I straighten and then again after if I want a bit more shine.

I just love this look. My hair isn't shiny though but it's smooth:D . quote]

Glad to hear it came out nice and your DH liked ;)

As for the not shinny part....all you need is something like this:

http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/products_styling.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_STYLING^FRUCTIS_STYLE^FRUCTIS_STYLE_DISCOVER^STYLE_BRILLIANT&prdcode=P60013

Any glossing spray will do, but I've been very happy w/these products. I spray mine before I straighten and then again after if I want a bit more shine.

Thanks for the info.

I have a question about the products now. I use CHI infusion. Do I use this as a mousse/gel type of thing?

Is this the process for styling my hair?

Shampoo, conditioner, blow dry hair, CHI infusion, iron my hair, glossing mist, hair spray.

CHI goes on wet/damp hair or after I blow dry it?

I appreciate the help, I do have an appointment with my hairdresser but not until Tuesday.

Thanks again!! You are wonderful!!

Archived