Chi Flat Iron

Soxfan05

I just bought a Chi Flat Iron from my stylist today. He used it on my new cut and I LOVED the results. I have an inexpensive one I bought at Target that I used for small pieces with decent results but he said that I should use a salon quality one to prevent burning and better shine etc. Loving my new do, I forked out the cash on a whim.

Well, the new hairstyle high has passed and I'm starting to second guess my decision. I haven't opened it yet. For those of you that have used this one, were you satisifed? Are the at home results really that much more dramatic and is it worth the cost? I'm just nervous that I'm not as adept as my stylist and my hair won't look nearly as good.

And finally, to stay on topic, can you take a flat iron on the ship or are they prohibited?

I've had a cheapie and a Chi. There is no comparison. It's absolutely worth the money. I do recommend that you use some type of thermal protectant on your hair before using your flatiron. If you don't, you'll fry your hair. I leaned this the hard way and now I never flatiron my hair without it. It's made a world of difference. I get the same results as my stylist. It's actually quiet easy to get professional results. Keep it for a whild-I think you're gonna love it. And yes, I've taken my flatiron on a cruise ship.

The chi is the best investment you will ever make. I have used mine for about 5 years. I bought it right when it came out because of my unruly, curly hair. I absolutely love it and could not live without it. Just make sure to use a thermal product (I reccommend BioSilk or S-Factor). The products are more expensive but will protect your hair in the long run. I have been using mine for so long and because of the thermal products my hair is healthy. I hope you love your chi as much as I do!:)

LOVE the CHI! Was recommended at a salon and I found it for a great price & bought it. Took it on our cruise a couple of weeks ago, no problem. Just can't bring a laundry iron!

I don't always use a protectant and my hair is just fine. However, my hair is not really curly. I use the flat iron to straighten out waves I get from tying my hair up when I am home & when I sleep. My hair is naturally poker straight, so I hate those waves I get in the back. So, maybe because I'm not straightening truly curly hair (and having longer contact time associated with that) is the reason I can get away without protectant every time.

You won't regret the CHI...it is a professional product and will last a long time. The stylist who recommended it to me said she's had hers something like 5 yrs, and she uses it daily in the salon on lots of people -- much more workout than personal use.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have a favorite product? I use CHI Silk Infusion to tame the frizzies in the summer but not sure if that will be enough conditioning for use with the flatiron.

I use the Biosilk on dry hair. Your Chi Silk Infusion will do the trick as well. Just be sure to never skip using it.

I definitly like chi silk infusion over any other heat protectant I tried. biosilk and me weren't really close friends:( (it flaked in my hair, but did wonders on my ashy feet:D ). I have a sedu that I use maybe once a month (I prefer roller sets because they're not as damaging) It heats up really quick, I make 2 passes and I'm done.

as long as you use it on clean hair and use a good heat protectant, you should be ok. I just don't advocate using them all the time because even with the heat protectant, they can be damaging.

-Q

Well I used one once and really liked it...never got one though. I came on here and with all the raves reviews I read I had to order one....so I just did!! I got a pink one to bring on my cruise in 2 weeks!! Came with a free carry pouch :) lol Thanks for giving me that push to finally invest!! It should be here in 2 days!

Deb :D

I've never tried the chi flat iron, so I can't comment on that, but I have found a cheap one that I'm really happy with. I've been using the Remington Wet 2 Straight iron, which I got for about $35 at Walgreens. I love that you don't have to blow dry first, and it gets my hair very straight.

It takes me a long time to do my whole head (about 35 minutes), but my hair is so thick and long that I had never actually been able to straighten it by myself using any other flat iron (even with blow-drying with a round brush first). I don't know if the chi would be faster, but if you haven't tried the Wet 2 Straight, you might want to give it a shot.

Can anyone comment on how long the chi takes (along with how thick/curly your hair is) and whether or not you have to blow dry first? I'd be interested in the chi too if it would cut the time significantly!

Well I used one once and really liked it...never got one though. I came on here and with all the raves reviews I read I had to order one....so I just did!! I got a pink one to bring on my cruise in 2 weeks!! Came with a free carry pouch :) lol Thanks for giving me that push to finally invest!! It should be here in 2 days!

Deb :D

Hi there,

Where and what did you order?

Thanks!!

I went on to www.folica.com. I ordered the Chi limited edition pink iron. Came with a free carry pouch which will come in handy!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I see in your picture that your hair is about the same length as mine. The 1" works good for you? How long does it take you do your hair in the morning? Is it difficult to do the back of your head. It takes me sooooo long to dry and style my hair(even then it doesn't look all great), it would be nice to do it in less time.

Sorry so many questions, I don't mean to pry. I want to make sure I want to spend almost $100.00 for an iron.

Thanks so very much!!

I find the 1" is easier to use than the bigger onesl I have thin hair but its very wavy if I dont dry it. It really doesnt take me long to dry and straighten my hair....usually 20 minutes at the most. Of course that is on a day that my hair is cooperating with me...there are those exceptions!

I too have a cheapie and a CHI and there is no comparison. I love my CHI and wouldn't use anything else on my hair to straighten it. When I am out of town is when I take my cheapie, so that I won't lose my CHI. I guard it with my life!!!

Has anyone used the 'Solia Limited Edition Pink Flat Iron' from the Folica site? It's about $85.00. I was thinking of getting that one but everyone seems so excited about the CHI flat iron.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Advice?

I'm buying one tomorrow and wanted to ask here before I purchase.

Thanks for all the wonderful information ladies, I appreciate it!

I too have a CHI straightening iron and it is the best! Would never go back to the cheapies. I use the CHI silk infusions to help keep my hair smooth and frizz free which is difficult because I have VERY curly hair. I have found the Biosilk is better for someone with oily hair because of the alcohol in it. The alcohol eats away at the oil which helps makes someones hair a little dryer.:D

Archived