Steam Room on Princess Ships

wernew2cruising

On most Princess ships (haven't been on Crown or Emerald) there are steam and sauna rooms in the dressing rooms, or near them, and they are complimentary. Some are pretty spartan, some are quite nice.

The Thermal Suite, which is charged for, is an entirely different experience! It includes steam and sauna, but so much more! Also, being co-ed makes it nice for couples! Check out

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/thermal.html

for our page.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks Mike,

Still looking for information relative to the Emerald Princess though, if anyone can confirm whether or not they charge for the STEAM? If you have used the STEAM on a RCI radiance or voyager class, how is it compared to those?

• 11 years later...

I've used the Thermal Suite in the spa on most of our Princess cruises, buying the pass for the whole cruise.  We usually take cruises longer than a week with multiple sea days so there's more time to use the TS.  Someone posted this video which gives a quick look at the different steam rooms, etc. in the spa (to use them there is a charge, either daily or cheaper if you purchase for the whole cruise):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LxdEWdM03k.  My routine was to spend maybe 15 min in each of the different steam rooms and longer on the heated tile beds (some pax "park" themselves on those beds for longer periods of time).  In between steam rooms, I used one of the different showers offered.  On our last cruise, I just used the free steam rooms available in the ladies changing room.  Didn't enjoy the latter as much as the Thermal Suite, but we only had a few sea days on that cruise so the TS would have been used less.  We have been on the Royal a few times.  It and the Regal have the Enclave, which does have a large whirlpool.  However, the charge to use the Enclave is greater than using the TS on the older ships and I didn't think it was worth it.

Edited by BarbinMich