Family of 6 - Cruising Options

murbanjr

Southwest does have cell phone check in and printout is no longer necessary but again I believe it begins at midnight. So people will be needing the ships computers at midnight to get that A boarding pass (print out not necessary). You can get it printed at a kiosk at the airport or so they say.

On Southwest (and most airlines I think), you can check in online starting 24 hours before the scheduled departure. I haven't worried about it in so long since I've been flying with the girls that I had to go look on the website. It's really a shame about losing the pre-boarding for families. Seems silly to have those with car seats be boarding at the same time as everyone else.

- Mia

On Southwest (and most airlines I think)' date=' you can check in online starting 24 hours before the scheduled departure. I haven't worried about it in so long since I've been flying with the girls that I had to go look on the website. It's really a shame about losing the pre-boarding for families. Seems silly to have those with car seats be boarding at the same time as everyone else.

- Mia[/quote']Thanks I haven't flown Southwest since the last time I was in Chicago which was .... when I was pregnant 2005 May, Same conference I'm going to in May 2008. I couldn't remember the timing. I preboarded then because I didn't wanted to be bumped into. They were the cheapest flight back then but hopefully using airfarewatchdog I can and the OP can get a good or equivalent priced tickets on an assigned seating airline. Once you know where and when you are going check that sight several times a day until it comes up with something and then snag it because sometimes that right price is gone in a matter of minutes.

Yep I know too. We are a family of 6 and planning the kids first cruise for dec of 08. We are taking our 21 year old neice with us, hubby and I and DS in a balcony and she will be in a room across the hall with the 3 girls. Airfare from Montana is crazy to anywhere. We usually drive the 4 hours to Spokane, it saves about 150-200 per person.

On Southwest (and most airlines I think)' date=' you can check in online starting 24 hours before the scheduled departure. I haven't worried about it in so long since I've been flying with the girls that I had to go look on the website. It's really a shame about losing the pre-boarding for families. Seems silly to have those with car seats be boarding at the same time as everyone else.

- Mia[/quote']

Mia-You were on the Diamond Princess and on my roll call, so I just had to say hello. Your girls were great on the cruise.:)

I may be wrong, but I think the OP wants to save as much money as possible on the cruise as air is already costing alot. If cost is the biggest issue, I would forget all the nice family cabins (they fill early and cost more) and instead go with either the GBal/OV combo on RCCL or just 2 OV or 2 IS on CCL. I like the kids camps on RCCL and CCL the best outside of DCL which is really costly. 2 Cabins would give you 2 BR, lots of storage space and plenty of room for everyone. A quad for the kids (2 twins/2 bunks or 2 twins/sofa/1 bunk) anda connecting door cabin for Mom&Dad...all alone. You can put the kids in kids camp for a late night and even have some quality romance one evening. Just a thought

Archived