Fishing Off Ship

Ok I am almost embarassed to ask this LOL but we are going on a cruise with some very good friends and he insists he is going to fish off the ship while we are moving...or even in port lol...we are up on 8th floor or something like that; he wants to fish off his balcony. He says there is nothing in the rules that say you can't do it, I said that is the stupidest thing I ever heard...but we are all having a good laugh from it. He insists he is going to do it...please tell me nobody has ever heard of anything so ridiculous???????

It is a very stupid thought...........even though I have seen it before.......I really dont think its allowed,but think about it??

What about when the line with a HOOK is thrown and hits someone below??

Besides what will he do with the fish?..........

For the record,I think this post is a joke..........you cant be real.

Ask him if he's prepared for a lawsuit should he cast the line and it blows back into the face of someone in a lower balcony farther back. :eek:

Seriously though, I'm sure whether the rules state it or not, security would be at his door as soon as someone sees it. It just doesn't make good sense.

LOLOLOLOL I am laughing so hard because you think this is a joke. The thing is hubby and I keep saying, you are joking, he keeps arguing how serious he is and that he bought a hook, etc......sooo HE may be joking but posting this was really not a joke LOLOL. Hubby keeps saying he is going to cut the line.

The 8th deck is pretty high up. Hope he's planning on using a good heavy weight (i.e. a 20lb boat anchor) 'cause otherwise the hook will blow back on board.

Goodness only knows what he might catch. Swimsuits, beer mugs, Sea Passes...anything lying around on balconies below.

Good luck,

Alan

LOLOLOLOL I am laughing so hard because you think this is a joke. The thing is hubby and I keep saying, you are joking, he keeps arguing how serious he is and that he bought a hook, etc......sooo HE may be joking but posting this was really not a joke LOLOL. Hubby keeps saying he is going to cut the line.

Make sure you have him sign a document that he will reimburse you your cruise fare when they kick you ALL off the ship and you have to pay for your own way home. I hope you will be laughing then.

I, too, recall seeing something that clearly states that fishing and kite flying are prohibited. (My DH wanted to take a kite when we had an aft balcony.) Now some people do fish when they are on the islands, but don't pack knives or anything like that because they won't let you through security with them!

Oh we have used all these arguments, but he keeps insisting. I told him I was going to post the question on the board, so I am going to print out all the responses and show him. In fact story has it, this is their second cruise and on their first cruise, he had packed the fishing line, etc., and the wife took it out at the last minute (she did verify that) and didn't tell him. So when he got to the ship he was angry that it wasn't there. I swear, as stupid as it sounds, we are real people. I swear we have said we will not be a party to it. But anyways, I swear we won't let him, even if I have to stand naked on the balcony and distract him.

Well there are lots of responses, but to try to keep my credibility in tact I will not....it is a real issue and I really am going to print this out for him. I am hoping he is joking, trust me on that one! The four of us like to banter alot and so we suspect that is all this is, but he can be pretty surly at times lol.

Well there are lots of responses, but to try to keep my credibility in tact I will not....it is a real issue and I really am going to print this out for him. I am hoping he is joking, trust me on that one! The four of us like to banter alot and so we suspect that is all this is, but he can be pretty surly at times lol.

Just remember "guilt by association" and you could suffer the consequences. I don't think I would have my reservation linked with his for dinner or anyone even knowing that I know him.

Rather than speculate, you might just call the cruise line ( or another cruise line if you are concerned about them identifying you) and ask about their policy regarding fishing from the ship.

You will be informed that it is strictly forbidden. If caught you will be told that it is not allowed and warned against doing it again. If caught again you will removed from the ship at the next port of call. You will be responsible for finding & paying for your own way home.

If your husband finds these terms acceptable, along with lawsuits from snagged passengers, please proceed ahead.

Ok I am almost embarassed to ask this LOL but we are going on a cruise with some very good friends and he insists he is going to fish off the ship while we are moving...or even in port lol...we are up on 8th floor or something like that; he wants to fish off his balcony. He says there is nothing in the rules that say you can't do it, I said that is the stupidest thing I ever heard...but we are all having a good laugh from it. He insists he is going to do it...please tell me nobody has ever heard of anything so ridiculous???????

argh1.gif

I do not think there is a need for your friend to fish...He already has a very big on the line.....YOU!:eek:

Let your friend know that I took high dive lessons on my last cruise. :D

BILL

Regardless of whether he is serious or pulling your leg, I'm hoping he's a good friend that enhances your cruise. A personality like that (joking or not) is sure to make your cruise memorable.

. We even attended a cruise critic party on our first cruise. So we are real :D

I am in no way saying the OP is a troll........but this confuses me.:confused: :confused: .. they went to a CC party........and today is the first day they posted.....

Did you not post with the other CCers on a roll call first?? If not,why go to the M and M???

I am in no way saying the OP is a troll........but this confuses me.:confused: :confused: .. they went to a CC party........and today is the first day they posted.....

Did you not post with the other CCers on a roll call first?? If not,why go to the M and M???

I've had it happen at the last M&M I attended. A couple of people signed up for the Meet & Mingle but just lurked on the message board area reading others posts. Guess they're just shy.

Archived