Hors d'oeuvre plate HAL gift

bermuda triangle

If you are in an "S" or "PS" cabin you can ask the concierge to order hors d'ouerves delivered to your cabin. You can have an assortment of hot and cold. There might be some combination of meatballs, chicken wings, jalepeno poppers, fried chicken bits, and bitterballen for the hot. The cold are typical rolled up/sliced whatevers. :D (Not my fav.) There is no charge for these if in an "S". The servings are quite generous.

Order it at Coinceige desk and they will ask you what you want and they will prepare the platter that way.

It is my understanding that you can get one platter per day.

Last halloween our group hag 8 or 9 suite passangers and a party every night with more food than anyone could eat. All on HAL

Ruth & Jim

Laura, I thought by the title that you wanted the plate. Where is my head at tonight?:)

:D Too funny!!

I can preorder the hors d'oeuvres as a gift, but i was wondering what the assortment is.

Although if you wanted to bring me back a plate that would be great! I have a penchant (lol) usually for glassware, but I do enjoy collecting china as well.

How did you know?

Laura

I would think if you ordered on board from Room Service you could have far more control of when it is to be delivered and what you would like on it. I'd wait and order from Room Service.

I just read the other day about someone ordering a caviar plate....sounded nice. Maybe that might interest you?

Or a Cheese plate for four? With crackers/grapes/nuts?

Personally, I don't think their cold hors d'o are so great. JMHO ....

:D Too funny!!

I can preorder the hors d'oeuvres as a gift, but i was wondering what the assortment is.

Although if you wanted to bring me back a plate that would be great! I have a penchant (lol) usually for glassware, but I do enjoy collecting china as well.

How did you know?

Laura

I go for the silverware. It's easy to slide down the inside of my boots. :D

I would think if you ordered on board from Room Service you could have far more control of when it is to be delivered and what you would like on it. I'd wait and order from Room Service.

I just read the other day about someone ordering a caviar plate....sounded nice. Maybe that might interest you?

Or a Cheese plate for four? With crackers/grapes/nuts?

Personally, I don't think their cold hors d'o are so great. JMHO ....

Have to agree about the cold plate. Last trip on HAL, someone (presumably the TA) ordered one which was on the desk when we arrived at the cabin. My name was on it, but no indication of the giver. We had no idea how long it had been there - looked a bit tired. We sampled one or two pieces, then put it in the refrigerator and promptly forgot about it. A couple of days later, when we remembered, we put it in a plastic bag in the trash. Waste of money in my opinion.

Laura.....

Send one in your group up to the Taco Bar and get a plate of dorito chips, some salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese....whatever appeals. Bring it back to your cabin and enjoy.

Take the silver tray from under your ice bucket, go to Lido and bring back glasses of iced tea.

That tray comes in handy. ;)

Archived