Voyager Entertainment

wingit

I’m wondering about the entertainment in the Constellation Theatre. If you’ve been on the Voyager recently can you tell me how the shows were. What sorts of entertainment? Thank you for any comments you may have. We’re looking forward to our first Regent cruise next month and appreciate all the contributors to this forum. Lots of great information!

Just ended cruising the Voyager on Oct. 13. There were 3 production shows while on board: "On a Classical Note" featuring classical/opera type entertainment; "On Broadway" featuring, of course, Broadway tunes; and another that I can't recall (but I remember enjoying). There was also a British clarinetist, who performed 2 evenings (very good) and a singer, whose performance we didn't attend.

Tony, one of the ship's singers, did a cabaret-type show in the Horizon lounge one evening. He is very good, and we thoroughly enjoyed his performance. The "piano man" in the Horizon is also excellent. (Think Louis Armstrong and his ilk.)

All in all, the entertainment was very good.

Hope this helps.

I boarded yesterday. Last night, there was Elaine Delmar singing music of George Gershwin and Cole Porter. The Diamond Heart Duo was in Voyager lounge, and later they had both disco and ballroom dancing and also a jazz trio. There was a guitar serenade earlier, as well and also piano bar tunes. I am going to save all the daily activities sheets from the trip.

We have learned that The Manhattan Transfer will be on our November 30 cruise. Happy, Happy! We love them!

Wow! I'm jealous, I'd love to be on that cruise! We'll be cruising on November 19. Manhattan Transfer should be terrific - have a great time.

• 4 weeks later...

Wendy when you get on i will let you get on stage and we can all do a song and dance. Will check out the first week, if it's slow will look for passengers and we all could put on our own show. We did that once on seabourn. We had an armature night and it was great, But a small ship you can pull that off. Everyone knows each other after the second day.

Supposedly, the new shows started on the November 11th trans-Atlantic crossing. They were supposed to be "Vintage Vegas", "Motown Gold", "They're Playing Our Song", "Jazz Legends", and "Ballroom Bravo".

Has anyone seen them if they are in fact currently on board? Care to comment?

Wendy when you get on i will let you get on stage and we can all do a song and dance. Will check out the first week, if it's slow will look for passengers and we all could put on our own show. We did that once on seabourn. We had an armature night and it was great, But a small ship you can pull that off. Everyone knows each other after the second day.

Oh golly, you won't catch me up there, I'm too shy! I'm sure there will be some audience participation some night or other where you can shine!

We actually rarely make the shows. Too glitzy and broadway for us. Give me some good rock and roll, or motown, or some country even, and we might make it! We usually end up in the piano bar, and going to bed early. On our Diamond cruise there were chamber music concerts during the afternoon, those were great!

Archived