any concierge lounges?

sailnsee

We are diamond status on RCI-the best "perk" are the concierge lounges that suites and diamond have---really enjoy meeting people every evening and the free cocktails and appetizers are great! We have sailed on 3 Celebrity ships (before the diamond status) and wondered if Celebrity has concierge lounges....felt the dinining on Celebrity was better than RCI but not sure that we want to give up the concierge lounge experience$$$(O:>

thanks for the quick response-we are taking family- 4 couples -3 kids-on Navigator over Thanksgiving-that's where everyone gathers and really enjoys the c.club-my husband and I could suffer and do without(O: on another Celebrity

I LOVE X and think the food is absolutely wonderful, the best of the mass market cruises, but, boy, do they fall down in the repeat cruiser benefit department. So much so that they should be embarrassed to offer the things they do.

RCI, on the other hand really falls down in the dining department (although it helps me in the dieting!) but the perks are GREAT! And you are right, the Concierge Lounge alone is worth sailing RCI!!!

Will X EVER see the light????

I LOVE X and think the food is absolutely wonderful, the best of the mass market cruises, but, boy, do they fall down in the repeat cruiser benefit department. So much so that they should be embarrassed to offer the things they do.

RCI, on the other hand really falls down in the dining department (although it helps me in the dieting!) but the perks are GREAT! And you are right, the Concierge Lounge alone is worth sailing RCI!!!

Will X EVER see the light????

In my humble opinion, no. Although I wish Royal would have a bag of laundry for $15.00 coupon such as Celebrity did. We stuffed over $50.00 worth of laundry into that bag. The sides were splitting. But that was the only coupon in the booklet we used.

Having not experienced the Concierge Lounge experience, I don't have anything to compare .... Would be nice ....but like others say ....Celebrity has wonderful dining experience.

You will also get some wonderful invites to Tea in the specialty rest. etc.

Absolutely can't understand why the "up-scale" division wouldn't have (if at least not the same) better consideration for their loyal customers than on RCI.....
Sort of like a number of relatively inexpensive lodgings give free local calls and the up-scale places always seem to charge for these calls. They figure you have the money, and they are happy to relieve you of it.

I would agree with other posters. X really falls down for repeat cruisers.

We sailed on RCI, and the Concierge lounge is a fantastic perk. It is not enough though, for us to sail on RCI again. There is to much of a difference in the product between the two lines.

I would take the Aqua Spa Cafa over the Concierge Lounge.

It would be nice to have a lounge, but then again I like so many things about Celebrity over RCI.

In my humble opinion, no. Although I wish Royal would have a bag of laundry for $15.00 coupon such as Celebrity did. We stuffed over $50.00 worth of laundry into that bag. The sides were splitting. But that was the only coupon in the booklet we used.

That is also the only coupon we used. However, ours was $20.00!!! We are only Select members, so maybe they drop it by $5 if you are Elite.

I was also surprised that they didn't upgrade the captain's club gift now that we are Select. Still the little carton of chocolates...which always seemed strange to me since you get chocolates everynight anyway.

By the time the Genesis Class comes out, I'll be able to check out their Concierge Lounge (because I KNOW I'll have to book, even though I said I wouldn't after going on Freedom). Hope it's big enough. I also like the 2-for-1 drink coupons on RCCL.

Archived