If I were CEO of RCCL I would......?

Who else has some thoughts?

This thread deserves to be on the front page MUCH MORE than some of these other ones! ;)

I agree. I think it's been a good creative outlet, and at times a celebration of all things that are great about RCI. At times, I kid myself that someone at RCI really might heed something on here...

I would try a 3 year experiment:

Take one of my smallest ships, reduce passenger capacity by 20%, and really up the level of service & quality of food - serve food on trays, prep salads and selected meals at table-side, etc. Serve afternoon tea and evening hors d'oeuvres in lounges; assign deck chairs & deck stewards. Strictly enforce reasonable rules and dress code.

I would raise the per passenger price at least 25%, maybe 50% to cover the costs of these improvements. I would sail winter/spring from NY and fall/summer from Canaveral or Miami.

Then I would count up my year end profits and determine if there is sufficient market to support an "old world" cruising on any scale.

I would try a 3 year experiment:

Take one of my smallest ships, reduce passenger capacity by 20%, and really up the level of service & quality of food - serve food on trays, prep salads and selected meals at table-side, etc. Serve afternoon tea and evening hors d'oeuvres in lounges; assign deck chairs & deck stewards. Strictly enforce reasonable rules and dress code.

I would raise the per passenger price at least 25%, maybe 50% to cover the costs of these improvements. I would sail winter/spring from NY and fall/summer from Canaveral or Miami.

Then I would count up my year end profits and determine if there is sufficient market to support an "old world" cruising on any scale.

I think you might have just given the business model for Azamara (sp) RCCL's new spinoff.

I think you might have just given the business model for Azamara (sp) RCCL's new spin off.

Well - true - except the ports-of-call for their 2 ships are Europe, Asia, and South America focused with only a few Panama Canal and Caribbean cruises listed. Additionally, initial reviews have been pretty darned poor with indications that service and staff organization is actually better on the Celebrity ships.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the 1 Celebrity cruise I've been on very much ... it was clearly a cut above the Royal Caribbean cruises I've taken but choices of departure port, schedule, and ports-of-call are much more limited.

Also, I seriously doubt it is economically feasible to bring back "old-world" cruising ala Home Lines and the like. It was simply a different time.

... Cal

Here's another vote for the Radiance class smaller ships. We'd also like to see a year-round ship in Galveston (perhaps alternating Panama Canal with Western Caribbean). Laundry facilities would be great! From what I've been told by an "insider," the production shows cost megabucks. Yet they are "so-so" at best. We'd rather see more $$$ being spent on better entertainers. The comedians on the ships used to be so funny ... those we've seen in the last two years have been pretty dismal for the most part. People fuss about the food but we think it's great.

just bumping this back up to the top... where the warm and friendly discussions belong:)

We need to dream a little for RC and this thread has been a great way to share ideas...

My other "want" is a drink punch card... you know, pay X dollars for a number of drinks... they punch a card every time you get one...

and I want a red wagon, and a Chatty Cathy doll, and a remote control car, and a new pair of roller skates...:D

We agree!!

###

Amen for this one. I would love to do the Southern Caribbean I just don't want to fly to San Juan to do it. Also, maybe make certain decks none smoking everywhere even on the balcony. Maybe build a ship with a retractable glass dome for rainy/cool weather swims.:D

Amen for this one. I would love to do the Southern Caribbean I just don't want to fly to San Juan to do it. Also, maybe make certain decks none smoking everywhere even on the balcony. Maybe build a ship with a retractable glass dome for rainy/cool weather swims.:D

Try a Radiance class ship for retractable roofs..

Try a Radiance class ship for retractable roofs..

Really?? Well than thanks RCCL for listening to my recomendation even before I made it. Does anyone have the address for the CEO so we can send him this thread in a couple of weeks after everyone has had a chance to brain storm?

Love the alcohol drink card idea. The simplest would be a card applying only to their "drink of the day" with a possible daily or cruise limit. I would also like to see a change in the "drink of the day". Just like previously mentioned you cruise enough the same menu gets old.

Wine package doesn't work for us nor does the soda card. Bottom line really like the corkage fee. Love to drink Sheridan which as far as I know cannot be purchased in the US.

NO matter they will still make money which is the bottom line.

Archived