Live from the Zuiderdam

Dotsie

cruising jake: that must have been a beautiful wedding - springtime is my favorite time in Spring Lake.

The Internet Center is standing room only with everyone concerned about this storm or making travel arrangements for Sunday.

The Captain just made another announcement that the hurricane should reach Port Canaveral on Sunday morning and that's the time we will be arriving. They mentioned something about a free shuttle to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airport.

I'll try to post again later if I get another chance at the computer.

Dotsie

Latest Update - sent at 3:35pm

Nothing has changed since Capt. Hans announcement yesterday. We are presently passing the Cayman Islands, and are going to start heading for Port Everglades on Saturday night. We are scheduled to arrive at the pilot station at 0500 hours early Sunday morning and will remain in port until 2300 hours. Today was the normal announcement from the bridge at 1300 hours from the second officer, and that was just a report on our position and the expected landfall of Frances in Port Canaveral.

Most passengers are in a good mood as their cruise just got extended by one day.

Next cruise will be one day short. We will drop Key West and start off with a sea day, followed by Cozumel, Grand Cayman Islands, a new port for the ship Ochos Rios in Jamaica. Another sea day and back to Port Everglades.

Archived