Live from the Enchantment...will we make it home???

hardingk

Hi everyone, we are having a great trip on the ENchantment, but heard the weather is going to be really bad with Frances. The ship won't give us any updates, can anyone give me some info about other ships? RCl's website has not been updated. What do you think they will do with us??? Extra day at sea???

Hi everyone, we are having a great trip on the ENchantment, but heard the weather is going to be really bad with Frances. The ship won't give us any updates, can anyone give me some info about other ships? RCl's website has not been updated. What do you think they will do with us??? Extra day at sea???
Enchantment is not listed on the ships that have veen changed due to Frances...however Pt. Evergaldes is closed as of 8 am this morning (thursday). I am guessing that you are on the 8/30 out of Pt. Evergaldes. Heres the post from another thread abou the closing.

PORTS: Port Everglades closed at 8 a.m. Thursday to all vessel traffic, including cargo and cruise ships.

Here's a link to a Miami TV Station's list of closings:

http://www.nbc6.net/weather/3699200/detail.html

Let us know what happens....be safe

Enchantment of the Seas, normally scheduled to depart Port Everglades Saturday, on a five-night sailing, will delay its departure until Monday, September 6, at 5 p.m. local time. The ship will sail a modified itinerary that will end on September 9. Guests who sail on this cruise will receive an onboard credit of $500 per stateroom and a certificate for a 50 percent discount on a future Royal Caribbean sailing of seven nights or less, which departs on or before December 15, 2005, excluding holidays. Guests booked on this sailing who cancel their cruise will receive a letter of credit for the amount paid for the cruise portion of their sailing. Travel agent commissions will be protected.

The announcement has finially arrived although it does not address what will be happening on your particular cruise...here is the enchantment announcement:

Enchantment of the Seas, normally scheduled to depart Port Everglades Saturday, on a five-night sailing, will delay its departure until Monday, September 6, at 5 p.m. local time. The ship will sail a modified itinerary that will end on September 9. Guests who sail on this cruise will receive an onboard credit of $500 per stateroom and a certificate for a 50 percent discount on a future Royal Caribbean sailing of seven nights or less, which departs on or before December 15, 2005, excluding holidays. Guests booked on this sailing who cancel their cruise will receive a letter of credit for the amount paid for the cruise portion of their sailing.

Sorry,....know that does not help you a whole lot....maybe soon someone will let you know what is happening.

My guess, and it is only a guess, will be you are staying at sea until at least Sunday or Monday, depending on when and where the hurricane comes ashore. This is my guess based on what RCCL is doing with the cruise that comes after yours.

Tim

Since the port is closed you are spending the time at sea

so we are spending tomorrow, Saturday & Sunday at sea? No annoucements here yet. Just that some people are paying to get off the ship here and flying home from Belize. We leave port in 2 hours, guess they will tell us then. Thanks for the updates everyone!!!

I can only think of 1 reason to pay for a flight home when I would be on a cruise ship in Belize and the outlook is that I am going to be stuck an extra day on a cruise ship. I would lose my job if I wasn't at work Monday. Other than that, I am thinking, pour me another Martini bartender. :D ;)

jc

Hi, Kim! Hope you are safe and have your Dramamine/Bonine with you. If I were you, I would be hoping they keep you onboard until Monday, but that's not really what the RCI site says. It doesn't say anything at all about your sailing. It's the sailing after you that doesn't leave until Monday. So my guess is they are going to try to sneak you guys into port and then get out of dodge, which I hope isnt the case. Or, yes, they'll keep you all onboard a couple of extra days. How nice that would be! Good luck and you know I'll be thinking of you guys for the next few days! I do expect a review when you get back so I can plan for our Oct 11 cruise accordingly! Best wishes...Susan

Well it looks as if you will be getting 2 free days at sea !! According to RCI, the departure scheduled for the next sailing will be on Monday the 6th of Sept.

But I have a HUGE FAVOR to ask of you as I have clients on your sailing who's parents are terribly worried about the honeymooners !!!

Their names are Crystal Woodruff and Forrest Briggs. They are in stateroom 3558. If you could please drop a note to their cabin or ask the pursers desk to do so to please ask them to email either her father at mr31toyou@aol.com or fun2cruiz@aol.com I would greatly appreciate it so we can start making alternate air arrangements for their return home due to the hurricane issues. They can also contact me via toll free # to our office if they need to.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE and I am thankful for the cruise boards thats fer sure !

I know that everyone must be scrambling to figure out details of getting off/on the ship and where to go and how, but it just amazes me how wonderful/informative this cruise site is and how it just keeps us all "in the know". Thanks CruiseCritic!

There was a time when we all would just be "wondering" and "hoping" that everyone was okay.

Good Luck to everyone and stay safe!

My how technology has changed the world. Imagine cruising pre-radio, pre-radar, pre-weather services and most importantly, pre-internet. What a way to stay informed while at the hands of an "information" shortage. This board is a value in many many ways.

Stay safe.

Azipod

My guess is they will leave you on the ship until Monday, assuming they have enough rations to keep you all comfortable, or they may dock the ship someplace out of harms way and put you up at best. Right now several cruise lines have cancelled the shorter cruises and moved their ships to the Gulf above Cuba and west to ensure the ships remain safe, so for right now I don't think you will be anywhere near Florida for a good bit. I would have to think too that right now the cruiseline may legitimately not know what they are going to do with you and your ship. Florida landfall is scheduled for over the weekend into Monday. Key West appears to be out of the path, but the Miami area looks dead on for right now. Enchantment is such a pretty ship. Enjoy her for now and try not to worry too much. We are here to keep you updated as need be. Stay in touch and stay well.

Hardingk,

We just returned from the Enchantment last week. I hope you are having as great a time as we did. If you see a waiter named Vivik, please remind him to end us the

e-mail picture of his newborn! We had him on our first cruise and were very please to see him again this past one. He is the best waiter. Please tell him Pat & John send our best. I hope you have a safe rest of your cruise.

Thank you very much.

The captain announced that we will be at sea at least for saturday, not sure about sunday. He was like, hang out relax, you are getting an extra day. Some people are panicing about their flights, but if the storm is that bad, who knows how long the airports will be affected by the storm for. Does anyone know what they are doing withe the century or Navigator? Keeping them at sea too? I promise to keep you all up to date and I will pass on the message for you Travel Angel.

Thanks everyone for your help as always!!

I promise to keep you all up to date and I will pass on the message for you Travel Angel.

Thanks everyone for your help as always!!

I thank you sooooooo much for assisting me and our clients in relaying the message.... I hope you truely enjoy the rest of your cruise (and the FREE DAY(s) too) !

I LOVED the Enchantment after a couple sailings on her when she was a 7 nighter and 5 nighter..... truely a lovely ship !

Again.... thanks, and Crystals father as well says thanks for sending the message to her and her hubby as well. Hopefully she will email or contact us as soon as she can with an update on what we can do on our end.

Travel Safe.......

Does anyone know if food and supplies become an issue in these situations? Are the ships able to replenish at other ports? I'm just curious how this works. Two extra days for a couple of thousand people could be a logistical problem.

I hope people on board are able to relax and enjoy. As a parent, I'm thinking about those people who left kids at home with relatives and may be scrambling to make sure their kids are okay, or those with kids on board who may be scheduled to start school on Tuesday. Yes, those aren't life and death issues like the people in Florida are facing right now, but it's still stressful.

Sometimes the ship is the safe place to be in a hurricane! They can steer them around the storms. What fun! My sister and her husband were in Cozumel on their honeymoon when 911 happened and they were stuck there 2 extra weeks! She said had it not been for 2 girls home with memaw she would have loved it but she just wanted to get home to her kids. They eventually caught a cruise ship to Tampa and rented a car to drive home to Texas. (They had flown originally). Lots of people not able to fly out of Cozumel took ships back to states. She loved it and said crew was really great but I dont know what ship she was on. Dodging a hurricane doesnt sound all bad compared to terroist attacks! I feel for those wandering around the sea on a ship who have kids back home. Good Luck to all!

Archived