Good Inexpensive Miami Hotels

Berniewin

My wife and I are cruising on the Norwegian Dawn, Feb 10, 2008, out of Miami. We have booked a room at the Holiday Inn North Miami Golden Glades and at the Miami Days Inn for Feb. 9. Anybody stayed at either of these motels ( hotels )? The hotel we wanted, the Holiday Inn Bayside is booked up. Any other suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel for one night? Naturally, I have read conflicting reviews for both hotels we have booked. We will cancel one reservation as our cruise gets closer.

Suggestions are welcome. This is our first Nowegian cruise. We have done Princess, Celebrity, and Royal Carribean. Looking forward to freestyle cruising.

Bernie

hotwire or priceline, 3str or better, downtown zone. I've used both of these many times and as long as you go 3 star or better I've never been disappointed. Much better to book a 3 star on Priceline in know your neighborhood rather than paying the same price for a motel elsewhere. see biddingfortravel.com, the priceline resource.

My wife and I are cruising on the Norwegian Dawn, Feb 10, 2008, out of Miami. We have booked a room at the Holiday Inn North Miami Golden Glades and at the Miami Days Inn for Feb. 9. Anybody stayed at either of these motels ( hotels )? The hotel we wanted, the Holiday Inn Bayside is booked up. Any other suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel for one night? Naturally, I have read conflicting reviews for both hotels we have booked. We will cancel one reservation as our cruise gets closer.

Suggestions are welcome. This is our first Nowegian cruise. We have done Princess, Celebrity, and Royal Carribean. Looking forward to freestyle cruising.

Bernie

Cancel The Days Inn. The Days Inn chain in South Florida is quite dismal and you'd be better off sleeping in your car.

Unfortunately your dates are peak season and no hotels will be reasonable. Expect to pay around $200 for a moderate hotel. That time of year anything cheaper will be motel hell.

Did you check hotwire?

Cancel The Days Inn. The Days Inn chain in South Florida is quite dismal and you'd be better off sleeping in your car.

Unfortunately your dates are peak season and no hotels will be reasonable. Expect to pay around $200 for a moderate hotel. That time of year anything cheaper will be motel hell.

Did you check hotwire?

What are the off peak times? Just curious as I am looking in early May and finding very few good deals for my taste!

Thanks for your help and the info you provide on this board.

What are the off peak times? Just curious as I am looking in early May and finding very few good deals for my taste!

Thanks for your help and the info you provide on this board.

For Miami off peak is September and October and early November unless a big citywide convention is in town.

Summer used to be off season but is now considered the 'second' season or 'family' season.

The month of May has some big citywide events which is why it isn't cheap then however you can find some good deals.

When in May?

For Miami off peak is September and October and early November unless a big citywide convention is in town.

Summer used to be off season but is now considered the 'second' season or 'family' season.

The month of May has some big citywide events which is why it isn't cheap then however you can find some good deals.

When in May?

I don't mean to hijack the OP's thread, but we are arriving on 5/2/07 and checking out on 5/3/07 for our cruise. We are also considering hotels that provide long term parking but this is not required.

Bernie

You could try Priceline.. downtown Miami 4 star.. there are only 2 Hotels of late showing up the Hyatt and the Intercontinental. I won the Hyatt for Jan 4, 2008 at $150.. just less than half the price on the web site:)

We just got the 3 star Holiday Inn International Airport West for $52.00 + tax for Feb 8.. and the Sheraton Miami Mart Hotel for $80.00 + tax for Feb 16 thru priceline. Regular prices are $198 and $279 + taxes.. Both good reviews, both airport shuttles

We are picking up the cost for our "kids" - so 6 couples in all. Have reservations at Days Inn North Airport - considerably less then I could find elsewhere for a January sailing. They also provide free shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to Port.

Has anybody else used them? I'd hate to be in a terrible hotel - but on the other hand if you start multiplying $20-30 bucks it adds up quickly - then adding shuttle(s).

Tried using Priceline, etc. but they didn't do such large groups.

Appreciate any suggestions.

I don't mean to hijack the OP's thread, but we are arriving on 5/2/07 and checking out on 5/3/07 for our cruise. We are also considering hotels that provide long term parking but this is not required.

We are booked in mid March at the La Quinta Airport East for the main reason that they provide long term parking for free. They also have a free shuttle to the port. We will need to get a cab back to the hotel but we can live with that. We are paying $119.00 per room for the night (two rooms). I thought that was a good price for spring break.

We are picking up the cost for our "kids" - so 6 couples in all. Have reservations at Days Inn North Airport - considerably less then I could find elsewhere for a January sailing. They also provide free shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to Port.

Has anybody else used them? I'd hate to be in a terrible hotel - but on the other hand if you start multiplying $20-30 bucks it adds up quickly - then adding shuttle(s).

Tried using Priceline, etc. but they didn't do such large groups.

Appreciate any suggestions.

There is a very good reason that hotel is cheap. Please do some research on this site and on trip advisor, it is a nasty hotel in a very rough area.

Have you tried hotwire? They will allow you to input the number of people staying in each room.

Does anyone know of a Miami area hotel that has long term parking...beside the La Quinta Airport ?East...which is not sounding great ( and not sounding even "O.K.")......!!

Thanks, Sharon

Sharon,

I've read conflicting reports about EVERY hotel in the Miami area. I've read some great reviews about the La Quinta Airport East. The biggest problem seems to be that there are not a lot of restaurants in the area around it. But a Bennigans is right next door. We've booked it for one night on Feb. 9 before our cruise on the Norwegian Dawn. I read a lot of good things about it.

Bernie

Sharon,

We've booked the Summerfield Suites Airport for a night in March. Parking for up to 7 days is included, with additional days $5. They don't offer a free shuttle though. We haven't decided if we'll take advantage of the free parking or just drive to the port & pay the $20 per day for the convenience of having our car close when we get off the ship.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport/Blue Lagoon for one precruise night Nov. 3. I can't say enough good things about it. The free shuttle got me from the airport to the hotel quickly. The people at the front desk were helpful, polite, and professional. My room was very clean and comfortable. I walked across the street to a shopping center to get dinner (several restaurants, Publix, 2 drugstores) and walked a block to St. Dominic's for Mass Sunday morning. Also took another walk that morning. I am a 64-year-old woman traveling alone and felt very safe. The free breakfast wasn't anything to write home about but was adequate. The price was 125.00. Jinn

We just got the 3 star Holiday Inn International Airport West for $52.00 + tax for Feb 8.. and the Sheraton Miami Mart Hotel for $80.00 + tax for Feb 16 thru priceline. Regular prices are $198 and $279 + taxes.. Both good reviews, both airport shuttles

According to their website...(which I printed out) the Holiday Inn International Airport also advertises a free shuttle to the port Thursday - Monday.

We are staying there for free in January (using points) and will be taking advantage of the free shuttle to the port.

Archived