Carnival Spirit to Hawaii

RAYMORRA

I am thinking of doing the Spirit to Hawaii next September...there are 5 sea days which is fine as long as it's warm enough to lay in the sun....does anyone know what the weather would be like at that time of year out to sea? We just did a cruise out of LA mid October and the 1st and last days at sea were overcast and cold....I certainly don't want 5 days of that!...anyone have any experiences? Thanks.

I am thinking of doing the Spirit to Hawaii next September...there are 5 sea days which is fine as long as it's warm enough to lay in the sun....does anyone know what the weather would be like at that time of year out to sea? We just did a cruise out of LA mid October and the 1st and last days at sea were overcast and cold....I certainly don't want 5 days of that!...anyone have any experiences? Thanks.

I haven't yet had the pleasure but I have read here that the weather improves everyday as you get closer. We were thinking of the trip from Vancouver to Hawaii but I wouldn't go the opposite as the weather would get worse, but thats just me:D

We did the Spirit to Hawaii in 2005. We left Sept. 21 from Vancouver. We had arrived a day early and thoroughly enjoyed Vancouver. The weather was lovely - only a sweater or light jacket was needed. Although I understand that weather that nice is not the norm in Vancouver that time of year.

As for the five days at sea - they were lovely - one day was a bit cool and misty - the first day out I believe - and my husband did buy a heavier jacket the first night we were on board - but truthfully I think he just wanted an excuse to buy a Carnival jacket!

The rest of the cruise was perfect weather and it does get warmer each day.

I wouldn't hesitate to go again that time of year - it is a wonderful cruise.

We are travelling on the Spirit from Hawaii to Vancouver in May. For those of you who have travelled this trip can you tell me how the seas were from Hawaii to Vancouver or vice versa. We cruised from San Francisco return and the last 2 days at sea around SF were extremely rough. DW and I were both laid up. I was told it had to do with the currents and I am praying for much better seas lol.

Solution. Fly into Honolulu and board one of NCL's ships that does inter-island cruising.

If you definately are a Carnival cruiser, then I'd say go for it. You can't predict the weather that far in advance so no point in worrying about it. Lots of things to do on board that you don't have to be outside if it is rainy, cold etc. I know the weather in the pacific around Hawaii is awesome year round.

NCL.....home of "Freestyle Dining".....oooh, I don't think so! *L*

We're already booked on the Sept. 24th Vancouver-to-Hawaii cruise on the Carnival Spirit.

We'll pray for good weather, but aren't worrying if some of the sea days are less than tropical.

We just did that cruise in September - if I remember correctly - we departed on Wednesday nite and were not outside until Saturday - it was a little cool - seas were a little rough it seems like until Sunday - but nothing that a little Bonine didn't cure! Vancouver is a beautiful port. We worried about the 5 days at sea, but it was fine and just wish we had 1 or 2 sea days at the end. We were exhausted on our last day, but a wonderful exhaustion.

Peggy

Both my trips days 1 and 2 were not swimming pool weather. Day 3 you could forget about a sweater and days 4 and 5 really warm and nice. This is crossing the Pacific Ocean so it can unpredictable.

I did notice today that all the suites are gone for the September sailing to Hawaii.

Archived