Conversation today with Azamara Customer Service

factor30

Having read the comments, negative and positive for the Quest so far, and looking forward to our sailing on 24 Nov, I decided to call direct from the UK to the US Azamara offices to get their response. I spoke to a lovely lady, Jessica, who confirmed that she and others in Customer Service had seen the Azamara postings on Cruise Critic, in particular for Quest. In fact, she said that her colleague sitting next to her was on the Inaugural sailing. I told her that I was slightly concerned regarding the negative criticisms up to date and hoped that any problems would be corrected. She gave me her word that by tomorrow, all should be sorted out - I'm not holding my breath at this point in time, but live in hope.

She mentioned that if we had any problem whilst on board, we should immediately see Guest Relations (which we do anyway) who would deal with it immediately(we hope). If not, we should inform Customer Service on our return of any problems. Of course, we know all this, but she was doing her job - and very well I would say.

I pointed out to the Customer Service lady that the reason why I took the trouble to phone from the UK was to make clear to Azamara that their customers are not prepared to accept anything short of the product that Azamara is promoting and selling.

I sincerely hope that Azamara makes improvements immediately so that everyone will have a lovely voyage. I just send to Dan Hanrahan, President and CEO of Azamara, and Captain's Club a long letter with links from this board to the reviews of the Quest along with my comments. If I receive a response, I'll post it to the board. I still had a good time even with the kinks. It would have been enhanced greatly if I had received everything my membership level with Celebrity, the category of room booked, and the "promises" in the Azamara literature as advertised. As it was my mother's first cruise, I was only disappointed for her. I did not expect a perfect first sailing, however with the initial problems on the Journey, I thought they would be better prepared with the Quest. I did put a deposit on a future sailing, so I believe they will try and address the problems as soon as possible, so as not to lose Celebrity customers who are trying this experience for the first time. Have a great trip.

kk

Nancy - you will appreciate the one nearly-disastrous :rolleyes: customer service glitch on our cruise. My DH is a humongous Red Sox fan, and his clueless wife booked him on a cruise ship the first two days of the Series. When we arrived on the ship, we noticed that there was ESPN but no Fox on the TV (the Series was on Fox in the US). I asked at Guest Relations about whether the game would be shown anywhere on the ship. The gentleman there regretfully informed me that they don't have the rights to broadcast Fox and so there would be no World Series shown.

DH took it well and we went off to dinner. Upon returning at 9-something, we turned on the TV and lo and behold, the Series was on!! Turns out they have International ESPN, and apparently ESPN did have the broadcast rights to the game outside the US.

Good news, he got to see the rest of the first game and all of the second. More good news, I got his company at dinner. Bad news - he missed 4 innings.

If I hadn't seen your sig, this would not have appeared on this board because it is not really a complaint, but I thought you'd appreciate it!

GO SOX!

Having read the comments, negative and positive for the Quest so far, and looking forward to our sailing on 24 Nov, I decided to call direct from the UK to the US Azamara offices to get their response. I spoke to a lovely lady, Jessica, who confirmed that she and others in Customer Service had seen the Azamara postings on Cruise Critic, in particular for Quest. In fact, she said that her colleague sitting next to her was on the Inaugural sailing. I told her that I was slightly concerned regarding the negative criticisms up to date and hoped that any problems would be corrected. She gave me her word that by tomorrow, all should be sorted out - I'm not holding my breath at this point in time, but live in hope.

She mentioned that if we had any problem whilst on board, we should immediately see Guest Relations (which we do anyway) who would deal with it immediately(we hope). If not, we should inform Customer Service on our return of any problems. Of course, we know all this, but she was doing her job - and very well I would say.

I pointed out to the Customer Service lady that the reason why I took the trouble to phone from the UK was to make clear to Azamara that their customers are not prepared to accept anything short of the product that Azamara is promoting and selling.

As a result of the numerous initial reports of Quest, and following on from my original thread, may I make the following suggestion....

As mentioned, I telephoned from the UK to Azamara Customer Services in Miami, but I think it might be useful and beneficial to all future Quest cruisers if as many as possible US CC contributors call the freephone (from America) Azamara Customers Services and voice their concerns as reported so far by the most recent Quest passengers.

It might just make them sit up and take notice that the initial complaints and concerns are not isolated instances. It would appear that several of the problems could and should have been overcome immediately.

Rita

I'm booked on the Quest for Asia for now. After reading the reviews and stories about the Butler who is really the room steward and the food that is so so I'm considering cancelling. I won't rush to cancel but i feel strongly about paying double the fare for standard service. RCL has the Rhapsody doing Asia for half the cost and none of the hype that Quest hasn't delievered.

Wife and myself just off 10/26 sailing of Quest. 12 Celebrity cruises to our credit and Capt Club elite members. I will be brief as possible.

Two areas that need immediate improvement.

- SERVICE, SERVICE,SERVICE

-Food quality. Not even close to Celebrity ships.

This ship is not for everyone. But at this time is NOT what I would call a deluxe cruise. We will probably go back to Celebrity. Just not for us. Out of all our sailings, this was the worst experience we have ever had. We went in knowing it was risk, but most of the problems, should have never occurred.

Wife and myself just off 10/26 sailing of Quest. 12 Celebrity cruises to our credit and Capt Club elite members. I will be brief as possible.

Two areas that need immediate improvement.

- SERVICE, SERVICE,SERVICE

-Food quality. Not even close to Celebrity ships.

This ship is not for everyone. But at this time is NOT what I would call a deluxe cruise. We will probably go back to Celebrity. Just not for us. Out of all our sailings, this was the worst experience we have ever had. We went in knowing it was risk, but most of the problems, should have never occurred.

Well, that was certainly brief. :D I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise on Quest. Your comments would be much more useful to everyone else if you would flesh them out with some details. What were the service problems you encountered? What didn't you like about the food? Was it preparation, quality of ingrediants, selection, etc.? Please let us know. Thanks.

Gladly.

-we were in a sky suite. beautiful cabin. breakfast was delivered by the cabin attendant and simply placed on the table. On previous X cruises, Butler calls ahead, and informs that breakast is ready. Sets

the table with a white table cloth, silver, salt/peppers shakers etc.

-we asked for if we could have lobster bisque from the tasting portion of the Quaqlina menu, and were told NO.

-we asked we could have a baked potato in Prime C, we were told NO. Now I ask for baked potatos on every X cruise and regardless of whether its on the menu or not, I get a baked potato.

-Butler if nothing more than a cabin attendant

-Discoveries dining room on Friday was chaotic and disorganized. It was so bad we left. Food quality is poor except in Aqualine and Prime C. However, the service and food in these two venues are equal to X normal dining room service. It should be above that.

-Coffee machines are not marked Decaf or regular. You have to ask which is which.

-First three days, food in Windows Cafe was not identifed. Afer three days, they did place signs at each serving site.

-confusion as to how the line flows in buffet.

no port lectures. no maps for port. they told us nothing about where the preferred shops were located, and where you could get the best shopping deals. you were left on your one own without maps.

-if you like activities, this is not the ship for you

It just simply not even close to what you might expect for a deluxe cruise line. IMHO, X is the deluxe line

Now I'm really scared and thinking I'll cancel my Asia sailing on Quest and book another line.

Hi CruisePRN !

Of course, its your decision.... but your sailing is a long time from now. IMHO, I feel that Azamara will resolve these issues long before your sailing. I would certainly sail Azamara again in 2008, even with the issues from the last sailing. They would not be enough for me to cancel.

I would suggest you keep watching the boards for reports from future sailings. Good luck !

Now I'm really scared and thinking I'll cancel my Asia sailing on Quest and book another line.

I am not scared and am not going to cancel my March 2009 trip Asia. Service will improve with experience and the pressures of the market. And besides, I can get through a trip without a baked potato.

It seems that Azamara is striving to achieve the ordinary or a little less.

Hi Spender Nui !

I wouldnt say that. Keep in mind that the negative comments are coming from the first 3 sailings of a new ship to Azamara (Quest). Is there room for improvement ? Absolutely. Most of the people coming off of Journey have been very happy with their Cruise experience. While it would be wonderful to expect perfection in the first few weeks of any new ship, its simply not reasonable. I feel that a fair amount of what happened on Quest, could happen on other new ships at other lines as well.

Hi Andy....

I agree, but since I'm sailing in January, I'm wondering how long it will take to make the necessary changes and train some of the personnel? What do you think is fair before we judge? (kind of a tough question, I know).

Jini

My husband and I just got off the 5 day Quest cruise. This cruise was a test run for a cruise we booked April 08 in the same Penthouse Suite. We cancelled the April cruise. Our cabin was extremely noisy from the engines, vibrated like crazy and the odor of food being cooked each night came into the cabin. There was no dvd/cd,desk chair or cushions for the outdoor furniture. The TVs were not the correct size as listed by Azamara. Our toilets didn't flush for awhile and our sinks were turned on to run because of dirt in the line. Food was ok but Cel. has better food. The interior spaces are lovely. Mosaic Cafe replaces Cova with illy coffee that was so so or at least not to our liking.

Archived