Choose our cruise

VTSnorkeler

My wife and I are planning a Southern Caribbean cruise for January 2005. We have narrowed the field to 2 options and would like you to help us choose. The one with the most votes after 7 days wins.

Option A - Celebrity Constellation
Port Stops include:
Casa de Campo DR, St. Thomas, Barbados, Grenada, Antigua

Option B - RCI Serenade
Port Stops include:
St. Thomas, St Marteen, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia

Now these itineraries are quite similar, so basically I need to compare the DR and Grenada to St Lucia and St Marteen. The ships are both basically brand new and prob won't figure in the final decision, however ship entertainment is surely a factor.

A few things to consider: We are both in our late twenties, love to snorkel, and really enjoy the evening activites (shows, comedians etc on board)

We have previously sailed on NCL, Carnival and Princess (hence the 2 alternative choices presented above)

Our favorite ports we have visited in the past have been St Thomas and Georgetown CI.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Serenade has the early lead 3-0 :)

I thought that perhaps there would be a loyal Celebrity food following :p

So far I have gathered the reasons for suggesting RCI is the better port visits especially St Lucia. Keep 'em coming. I think I'll close the voting on Sunday and book then!

Hi! I just saw your post on my Serenade forum. We are both in our early 30's and love the nightlife and activities too. As far as comparing "the DR and Grenada to St Lucia and St Maarten", this is like comparing apples and oranges. St. Lucia and St. Maarten are more built up for visitors-if this is what you want. They offer way more shopping, restaurants, bars and tour options. Also take a look at the age differences between the two lines. If you are looking to socialize and meet people your own age, you may have a harder time on Celebrity.You will also see that Serenade is the top-rated ship by all Cruise-Critic members. :p As the knight in Indiana Jones said "Choose wisely."

[QUOTE=I Love BBC's]Hi! I just saw your post on my Serenade forum. We are both in our early 30's and love the nightlife and activities too. As far as comparing "the DR and Grenada to St Lucia and St Maarten", this is like comparing apples and oranges. St. Lucia and St. Maarten are more built up for visitors-if this is what you want. They offer way more shopping, restaurants, bars and tour options. Also take a look at the age differences between the two lines. If you are looking to socialize and meet people your own age, you may have a harder time on Celebrity.You will also see that Serenade is the top-rated ship by all Cruise-Critic members. :p As the knight in Indiana Jones said "Choose wisely."[/QUOTE]
The point is for you to choose ;) ... thanks for your help!

But, I have cruised both lines. I would probably have to say RCI, a little more fun oriented, plus a little better entertainment. Unless you are not into socializing and prefer better food, then Celebrity.

For myself, I would cruise Celebrity again over RCI, but I'm in my 50's, so not into the nightlife like we once were. For us, dinner and a late night walk, maybe a piano bar is enough.

I really don't think you could go wrong with either choice. Clear as mud?

[quote name='Happy ks']But, I have cruised both lines. I would probably have to say RCI, a little more fun oriented, plus a little better entertainment. Unless you are not into socializing and prefer better food, then Celebrity.

For myself, I would cruise Celebrity again over RCI, but I'm in my 50's, so not into the nightlife like we once were. For us, dinner and a late night walk, maybe a piano bar is enough.

I really don't think you could go wrong with either choice. Clear as mud?[/QUOTE]
All the help we can get is great... thnx!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple]Serenade...Better Itinerary, and RC seems to better match your age and lifestyle.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Enjoy![/color][/size][/font]

I vote Serenade...albeit slightly younger, you make it sound as if we might have similar tastes...I had a pretty detailed review of a Jan04 Serenade trip on the old boards. I'm not sure the best way to repost it, but could eMail if ya like.

[quote name='dna1990']I vote Serenade...albeit slightly younger, you make it sound as if we might have similar tastes...I had a pretty detailed review of a Jan04 Serenade trip on the old boards. I'm not sure the best way to repost it, but could eMail if ya like.[/QUOTE]
No need to repost... I've read several excellent reviews. Thanks for the offer and the vote though!!!

FYI - I am also lying about my age, I forgot I turned 30 last week :p

Most things being relatively equal when comparing ship, food, ports, I'd actually go with the cruise that had the easiest embarkation and debarkation city.

You will certainly enjoy either cruise on Constellation or Serenade.

Roy

Archived