All things Serenade of the Seas...

Mrs.G

Hi! It's a great ship - sailed on there last April. You might want to post on the roll call board to find others who are sailing with you...

:cool: Yes. Go back to Boards. Go under Roll Call, then into Seranade of Seas. There is a roll call started for your 12-21-07 cruise. There have been 1100 "hits" and 142 responses so far for your cruise. Jump in and catch up with your fellow cruisers:cool:

We just got back from a 15 night cruise on the Serenade of the Seas to Hawaii. While we LOVED the islands, we were VERY unimpressed with the Serenade. Basically we felt we were being held hostage for our wallets. No matter where you went, or wanted to do they were trying to get you to buy something! From a soda package, internet usage that didn't work 85% of the time, souvenier glasses, fake gold by the inch, tshirts, etc. someone always had their hand out.

Hopefully your experience will be better!

Also just off the Serenade and the 15 day Hawaii cruise. This was our second Hawaii cruise so we knew what to expect.

The Serenade is beautiful and has a very friendly crew. The ship was spotless although she did show a bit of wear and tear in the Windjammer......the most used place on the ship! ;)

I agree with visiting the M&M thread, jump in and get to know who's sailing with you.

Have a great cruise!!

So glad to see this thread started. I know before we went on the Explorer, the specific thread about that ship was a goldmine!

Here's what I need. Can someone post laundry prices I've seen a list before, but when I search, I can't find it. Don't know if they are the same on every ship. I imagine they are.

Since we are doing a B2B and spending almost a month on ship, I would like to get an idea how much to pack.

Since we are doing a B2B and spending almost a month on ship, I would like to get an idea how much to pack.

I just want to say that I admire the itenerary you've got. That's a really exciting thing to look forward to. Hope you have a great time.

We have our 1st hump cabin booked on Serenade for our 1st trip thru the Canal next April. We've heard the views throughtout the ship are awesome.

We did the Panama on the Brilliance and it was amazing. Make sure you go out at 5am on the canal morning all the way up front to the helipad. Then go all over the ship to different levels to see things. On deck 5 we were able to shake the mule drivers hand and touch the side of the canal. We had an aft cabin.

We have our 1st hump cabin booked on Serenade for our 1st trip thru the Canal next April. We've heard the views throughtout the ship are awesome.

We were on the Serenade this past May and were in our 1st hump cabin too. We had #9078 and it was really wonderful. The balcony was as large as our aft cabin on the Jewel. You should enjoy the location as it is just a hop, skip, & jump to the elevators.

The Serenade is a beautiful ship...and the Solarium is one of our favorite places to kick back and relax.

Have fun.

So glad to see this thread started. I know before we went on the Explorer, the specific thread about that ship was a goldmine!

Here's what I need. Can someone post laundry prices I've seen a list before, but when I search, I can't find it. Don't know if they are the same on every ship. I imagine they are.

: Are laundry services provided?

A: Self-service laundry facilities are not provided onboard our ships, but we do offer full laundry and dry cleaning services. We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices.

Our first cruise was on the Serenade last April. We had an inside cabin on deck 2 and had a great time!

Our favorite place on the ship was the Solarium. We would take naps there every afternoon. It has comfy deck chairs, no kids (a big plus when cruising over spring break!), and a bar w/a great bartender. :-)

We were on the Serenade this past May and were in our 1st hump cabin too. We had #9078 and it was really wonderful. The balcony was as large as our aft cabin on the Jewel. You should enjoy the location as it is just a hop, skip, & jump to the elevators.

The Serenade is a beautiful ship...and the Solarium is one of our favorite places to kick back and relax.

Have fun.

We have 9078 on Jan. 10, 2009 sailing. A long time to wait. Glad to hear it was a good choice of cabins.

Tide is making some travel size packets if you want to go cheap and hand wash your clothes in your bathroom sink. Between that, and the clothesline in the shower, you can pack as light or heavy as you wish.

Duhlina- Judging by only 4 posts, I'm guessing that Serenade was your first cruise. All cruises have their hands out all the time, just like most vacation destinations. Don't let that aspect take over. Treat it like a TV commercial in the middle of your favorite show and enjoy yourself.

A lot of people love Serenade on this board, so I have to wonder why that commercial aspect bothered you so much.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about your cruise experience and please clarify why it bothered you so much.

We have 9078 on Jan. 10, 2009 sailing. A long time to wait. Glad to hear it was a good choice of cabins.

Kimi- I've already got the roll call started for that cruise. :D Feel free to jump in. (Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?:))

<Duhlina- Judging by only 4 posts, I'm guessing that Serenade was your first cruise. All cruises have their hands out all the time, just like most vacation destinations. Don't let that aspect take over. Treat it like a TV commercial in the middle of your favorite show and enjoy yourself.>

Actually no, this was my third cruise with RC. I have also cruised with Disney once. So, I'm not new to cruising at all. We will be going back to Disney or something higher end when we decide to cruise again. I know they have to make money, but they don't have to make it all off of us! ;) Hubby bought a bottle of wine one night. It's a $9 bottle at home....we were charged $38 dollars for it! That's just insane!

Archived