Salt Glow/massage on CB

newrivercruiser

• 1 month later...

I've had the salt glow and it was fairly enjoyable. The only downside I recall was that it was not the most relaxing massage I've ever had (because they use a salt scrub). It did feel very nice and smelled pretty good, if I remember correctly.

Has anyone had the Aromaspa Ocean Wrap?? I've done the hot stone massage, a Swedish massage and various other spa treatments. I thought I would try to treat myself to something new. The more I look at the description however, the more it looks like they just apply a seaweed mask and then wrap you up in a cocoon. If you don't pay for the extra massage, do you actually get one? I am also a little concerned as I am mildly claustrophobic. Am I better off going with something else instead?

I wasn't a huge fan of the wrap, even though I did get a nice scalp and foot massage while baking in a foil blanket, smothered in mud (basically). When your time is up, you have to hop to the shower still wrapped up like a cocoon (assisted by the spa therapist) and then she unwraps you - not really a relaxing finish to your treatment. Give me a hot stone massage any day! I do like the salt scrubs, but be careful if you have a spray on tan - they can remove it! It does leave your skin as soft and smooth as a baby's bottom.

Cathy

Thanks for the info Cathy. I appreciate it. I realized that at some point I'd have to get the mud off, but hadn't given much thought to the fact that it might be a downer at the end of a nice massage experience.

I think I'm going to look at cruise personalizer now to see if I can still change to a hot stone massage.

Has anyone had the Aromaspa Ocean Wrap?? I've done the hot stone massage, a Swedish massage and various other spa treatments. I thought I would try to treat myself to something new. The more I look at the description however, the more it looks like they just apply a seaweed mask and then wrap you up in a cocoon. If you don't pay for the extra massage, do you actually get one? I am also a little concerned as I am mildly claustrophobic. Am I better off going with something else instead?

I've had one similar to this and wasn't impressed at all. It cost a small fortune for what was basically just someone "painting" you with the stuff, wrapping you in a warm blanket and leaving you to "cook" for awhile. Then, you have to try to get the gunk off of you in the shower, which isn't easy. My skin felt smooth afterwards, but I could've gotten that on my own with a little baby oil. I didn't get anything more than a little scalp massage & it wasn't that great compared to other scalp massages I've had (could've just been the masseuse though).

My all-time favorite treatment is just the plain old Swedish massage. Even with all the hype, I wasn't impressed with the hot rocks. :rolleyes:

Archived