Lipstick question

stellatj

I like Chanel Hydrabase lipstick. It lasts all day, and doesn't dry my lips out. My favorite color is Shanghai Red, but it depends on your skin tone, hair color, etc. Clinic Long Last lipstick is another great choice. Pink Chocolate is the color I usually stick with, but again, it's all personal preferance and what looks good on you. Go to a store like Sephora, or your favorite department store, and the make-up artists can give you some great suggestions.

Just read in a magazine that after all the glossy looks, matte colors are back in. Taht being said, older women shouldn't really wear matte lipstick or dark colors (both can make lips look smaller and matte colors can show fine lines more).

Not many people can pull off red lips and no other makeup. :D Try something in a peach shade or even a berry if red seems too scary. and I think gloss will never go out of style.

Best way to keep lipstick on is to line lips completely, then put on lipstick. I did read once about layering lipstick and powder, but forget how that goes. :)

I've been using Revlon Superlustrous for years, and I have very dry skin. It doesn't stay on quite as well as it did several years ago, but it's still the best I've found. I use Clinique for most of my makeup, but their lipstick doesn't last an hour on me.

I swear by the Covergirl Outlast!! I have wore nothing but since I first tried it. I put it on in the morning before work (6am) and have to use baby oil to remove it the next morning! It is a little faded after all night, but lasts perfect all day. (I get home around 7P)

Oh boy, am I a veteran of the lipstick problems. I must have spent a small fortune over the years trying to find a lipstick that would actually stay on for more than a couple of hours (or just one cup of tea:rolleyes: ), and then Avon came up with a great one. Unfortunately they discontinued my favorite color and I didn't care for any of the others: soooooooooo It was back to spending another small fortune. Would you believe that my favorite, and it does stay on for hours even through eating and drinking, is Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor? I tried Revlon and Cover Girl but found that they dried out my lips - not Maybelline, which comes with a Chapstick-like application to put on after applying the lip color.

msmarvel also has an excellent suggestion regarding using a lipliner, but I go one step further (learned this from a Hollywood (CA) makeup artist) and fill in both upper and lower lip with the lipliner, apply lipstick (if it is in liquid form like Revlon, Cover Girl and Maybelline allow it to dry for a moment or so) then finish with the gloss or "Chapstick"-like product that comes with the lipstick.

By the way, if you choose to use a lipliner be sure to get one that is close to your own lip color - doesn't matter what color lipstick you choose at least your own lipline won't look "odd".

Valerie:)

Oh boy, am I a veteran of the lipstick problems. I must have spent a small fortune over the years trying to find a lipstick that would actually stay on for more than a couple of hours (or just one cup of tea:rolleyes: ), and then Avon came up with a great one. Unfortunately they discontinued my favorite color and I didn't care for any of the others: soooooooooo It was back to spending another small fortune. Would you believe that my favorite, and it does stay on for hours even through eating and drinking, is Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor? I tried Revlon and Cover Girl but found that they dried out my lips - not Maybelline, which comes with a Chapstick-like application to put on after applying the lip color.

msmarvel also has an excellent suggestion regarding using a lipliner, but I go one step further (learned this from a Hollywood (CA) makeup artist) and fill in both upper and lower lip with the lipliner, apply lipstick (if it is in liquid form like Revlon, Cover Girl and Maybelline allow it to dry for a moment or so) then finish with the gloss or "Chapstick"-like product that comes with the lipstick.

By the way, if you choose to use a lipliner be sure to get one that is close to your own lip color - doesn't matter what color lipstick you choose at least your own lipline won't look "odd".

Valerie:)

That is great advise, it looks so weird when a woman has a lip line and no lipstick!

My advise may sound weird, too, but it does work, especially for day wear. Get a color that is close to the color of the inside of your mouth, the color of your own gums. I forget where I read it, but it works great.

Also, if you are wearing a red dress in the evening, do not wear red lipstick! A burgundy tone (again, sounds weird) will be much more complimentary to a red dress. I love red lipstick, ya just need to be careful about what red to buy!

I don't care for the long-last lipsticks, they are too drying and I really don't like lipgloss at all. While being sneaky about it, lick your wine glass, water glass, coffee cup so it's wet before you drink, just a tip of the tongue, not a full on slobber lick. Your lipstick won't come off then. I just reapply after eating and don't concern myself with it too much during dinner.

I swear by the Covergirl Outlast!! I have wore nothing but since I first tried it. I put it on in the morning before work (6am) and have to use baby oil to remove it the next morning! It is a little faded after all night, but lasts perfect all day. (I get home around 7P)

I agree! All my girlfriends ask me how my lipstick stays on through dinner.

I use the Outlast everyday and when I want to use one of my special Chanel colors (LOVE the new Dazzling this season!), I'll use the Outlast as a base and then put my Chanel over it, so when the Chanel fades, I don't have pale lips.

today i tried the L'Oreal Infallible in a wine-burgandy color i put it on about 6 hours ago it still looks great. tomorrow i will try the covergirl outlast one and see which one lasts longer on me.

Let us know please!

ok i tried the cover girl outlast and it also lasted all day

so the 2 i picked work great. on the covergirl i need to get a lighter

shade the one i got was a little to dark but i loved how it lasts.

think i will get a dark pink bext.

Archived