For those of you who have boarded without docs and had transfers...

Did you have a problem? That's my only concern. I know that I can get replacement luggage tags, and we have our Setsail Passes already printed out. It doesn't look like we're ever going to get docs for our cruises that have transfers, so we won't have the confirmation paper to give the person at the pier. For those who have dealt with this, what was your experience? Did you just have to show your passport and Setsail Passes, or was there more of a hassle?

I should probably add that our TA has talked to RCI. They didn't offer us e-docs, nor did they offer to resend our other docs. They acted as though it would be no big deal to simply show up with the Setsail passes. I wouldn't be too concerned if it weren't for the stinkin' transfers. :)

I did actually pack my transfer papers in my luggage on my recent Alaska cruise.....DUH..LOL ... anyway,....it was not a problem, as the RCCL employee had a main manifest of names and info....

Sounds like something I would do! LOL Thank you for easing my mind.

Sorry I can´t offer too much of help here, as I haven´t had any transfers booked through RCCL in the last couple of years and when I did they always asked for the vouchers, however that was before edocs even came up.

Just a thought, but do you have any invoice from your TA that might show you purchased transfers with your cruise? In case of a problem you could take that and show the people at the pick up point.

Sorry I can´t offer too much of help here, as I haven´t had any transfers booked through RCCL in the last couple of years and when I did they always asked for the vouchers, however that was before edocs even came up.

Just a thought, but do you have any invoice from your TA that might show you purchased transfers with your cruise? In case of a problem you could take that and show the people at the pick up point.

Nope. Perhaps I should e-mail her and see if she got sent any verification. We bought the transfers only about a month ago or so, so they weren't on our original documentation. Good idea. I think I'll drop her an e-mail. Thanks!

Don't worry, the cruiselines have a manifest which will have your name on it. You won't have a problem. I would bring an invoice showing payment. Your TA can print out your edocs in cruising power. You might ask if they will do that for you if it will make you more comfortable.

Don't worry, the cruiselines have a manifest which will have your name on it. You won't have a problem. I would bring an invoice showing payment. Your TA can print out your edocs in cruising power. You might ask if they will do that for you if it will make you more comfortable.

LOL Shoot. I already sent her an e-mail...I will have to reply back and ask her to do that. Yet another good suggestion. Thank you! :)

Just to let you know you do need proff of purchasing transfers with Royal Caribbean! Our Travel Agent called and said we do have to bring our E-Docs to show proof that we have a transfer after our Explorer saling on November 4th and becuase of our transfer on November 11th that we purchased from Royal Caribbean we need to show that information! I wasn't planning on bring our E-Docs but Royal Caribbean faxed our TA and told our TA to tell us that yes we DO need to bring our E-Docs as proof of the shuttle transfer that we have with them from the ship to Newark Airport in New Jersey after our sailing! Royal Caribbean said that this is the only way they know we have paid for a transfer and that we have a transfer! We also need our Set Sail Seapass paper from the online boarding that Hubby did and our ID's and also our Birth Certificates! Our TA gave us a velcro leather booklet to store all of our Documents! We leave for our flight tomorrow morning bright and early because we're staying in New Jersey for two nights before our cruise on Sunday! If I were you I would somehow get E-docs or proof from Royal Caribbean that you in fact have purchased transfers from Royal Caribbean! Royal Caribbean faxed our TA and said that when a person does any type of shuttle transfers with them than a person needs to show proof in person at the pier and also on the ship I think to either Guest Relations or the Pursor I can't recall who but just be sure to have something offical from Royal Caribbean to show that indeed you have purchased transfers with them! Traveling is getting so complex and complicated anymore! Best of Luck!!! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

Just to let you know you do need proff of purchasing transfers with Royal Caribbean! Our Travel Agent called and said we do have to bring our E-Docs to show proof that we have a transfer after our Explorer saling on November 4th and becuase of our transfer on November 11th that we purchased from Royal Caribbean we need to show that information! I wasn't planning on bring our E-Docs but Royal Caribbean faxed our TA and told our TA to tell us that yes we DO need to bring our E-Docs as proof of the shuttle transfer that we have with them from the ship to Newark Airport in New Jersey after our sailing! Royal Caribbean said that this is the only way they know we have paid for a transfer and that we have a transfer! We also need our Set Sail Seapass paper from the online boarding that Hubby did and our ID's and also our Birth Certificates! Our TA gave us a velcro leather booklet to store all of our Documents! We leave for our flight tomorrow morning bright and early because we're staying in New Jersey for two nights before our cruise on Sunday! If I were you I would somehow get E-docs or proof from Royal Caribbean that you in fact have purchased transfers from Royal Caribbean! Royal Caribbean faxed our TA and said that when a person does any type of shuttle transfers with them than a person needs to show proof in person at the pier and also on the ship I think to either Guest Relations or the Pursor I can't recall who but just be sure to have something offical from Royal Caribbean to show that indeed you have purchased transfers with them! Traveling is getting so complex and complicated anymore! Best of Luck!!! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

Thank you for the information. I will definitely be making sure we have documentation now.

You do NOT have to have docs to show to the transfer people. They will just check your name against a list. I have bought transfers after documents were printed and never received anything to show to the transfer people - and still got on the transfers with no problems. One of those times was on the Monarch out of LA.

I threw ours away (by accident) and did not realize I had done so.... no problem at all... did not show anything... just gave our name at the airport at the area where the RCCL person was waiting... on the return... just boarded the bus... no one ever even asked our name, nada.....

Archived