When does Carnival decorate the ships for Christmas?

Hojo's redbeard

We were on the Miracle a couple of years ago in early December and the ship was decorated for Christmas. We'll be on the Victory this year December 2-9. Was looking at our old Miracle pictures and it got me to wondering' date=' what week do they decorate???[/quote']

Normally around Thanksgiving.

The stores here have had Christmas stuff out for literally months. Ugh!

We're cruising on the Triumph the week after Thanksgiving - I'm excited to see if they put the decorations up then! We've never cruised at this time of year before.

The local Home Depot had the Christmas trees and decorations up 2 weeks ago. Great to hear Jingle Bells in Mid October. Could we at least wait til after Halloween????

Today the cable music channel here in NJ started to play all Christmas music.

The stores here have had Christmas stuff out for literally months. Ugh!

We're cruising on the Triumph the week after Thanksgiving - I'm excited to see if they put the decorations up then! We've never cruised at this time of year before.

We must be the week after you (on the Triumph). I was thinking the ship would be decorated by then. This is a first for us this late in the year too. It will be a great beginning to the Christmas season. I am hoping to get an ornament of the Triumph ship, as found one on the Mariner last October. Starting a new collection !!!

We were on the Spirit the first full week of December 2005. We got off thie ship on the 10th of December and they were decorating as we were leaving. We were dissapointed that they had not had the ship decorated on our cruise. What we saw look great though.

We sailed last December and I kept looking around the atrium and thinking, what is this stuff?

My brain just could not connect Christmas decorations with that turquoise and aqua and navy water, hot sun, sandy beaches, palm trees, foo foo drinks, snorkeling.

So I decided I had to do it again!

When do Christmas decorations come down? We'll be sailing January 1, and wonder if we will see them.

(At home, they stay up until the Epiphany (or Twelfth Night- Jan. 6), but I doubt many cruiselines hold to that standard)

Shortly after new years, Just depends on when New years falls and when that cruise ends. Also if they have time between cruises to take them down. Their really are no hard and fast fleetwide rules on when decorations go up or are taken down.

Archived