Inspiration (Post Dry-Dock) Penthouse (Owner's Suite) Pictures

Tom-n-Cheryl

Tom-n-Cheryl why do you get the owners suit? Special perk or do you rent it?

Sitting in one on the Sensation while I speak (OK.. TYPE :) ).

It is PAID for. Find out what the CAT 12 fare is, and add a few hundred per person - that is roughly the going rate.

Tom

I don't mean to be negative, but there is nothing luxurious-looking about the decor in that suite. Honestly, it looks cheap and institutional to me.

To me it's so awful it's almost like they were trying to make it retro-kitschy on purpose, but failed with hilarious results.

One thing we will miss is the dining room table. It was VERY handy for those lido breakfasts I brought up to the room, and for a room service tray. It now looks less like a room, and more like a public space.

Nonetheless, we REALLY like the location, the views, and the abundant SPACE!!!

Tom

It doesn't really matter to me what the decor in the room is like (after all, it's an 80's/90's era ship). I like the fact that I can have lounge chairs on the large balcony to enjoy sea days AND I have a great view from anywhere in the stateroom:D ! The location of the room is close to everything and I never feel cramped. Not to mention it's a great place for a party!!!

But to each his own, our son and his 3 friends were in an interior this last cruise and loved it! They kept it cold and dark at night like a cave and were quite happy with it.

Cheryl

Guest Mary49

Tom-n=Cheryl, Your rooms are just awesome. I would never want to leave? How many rooms??? Thanks for posting. Mary49

Tom-n=Cheryl, Your rooms are just awesome. I would never want to leave? How many rooms??? Thanks for posting. Mary49

I would compare it to a small apartment (though with an admittedly odd shape). You can see the general floor plan here (there are two of these cabins on Sports Deck): (I think that they should have worked in a WINDOW to look out into the Atrium!!!)

106537762_qZ4qC-L.jpg

Tom

! The location of the room is close to everything and I never feel cramped. Not to mention it's a great place for a party!!!

Such as . . . say. . . a birthday party??

Just thought I'd find a way to say Hello, and Bon Voyage, for your upcoming sailing from Tampaville. For the moment I'll pretend I'm not jealous and wanting to squash you both like a bug. :p

Truthfully, have a super vacation week, with lots of sun and calm seas. And an advance Happy Birthday with to you, T!! :)

Such as . . . say. . . a birthday party??

Just thought I'd find a way to say Hello, and Bon Voyage, for your upcoming sailing from Tampaville. For the moment I'll pretend I'm not jealous and wanting to squash you both like a bug. :p

Truthfully, have a super vacation week, with lots of sun and calm seas. And an advance Happy Birthday with to you, T!! :)

Thanks Don!

We'll sail with you again someday, no doubt!!!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Wow you go Tom and Cheryl:

Thank you so much for sharing. I love the cat 11 and 12s maybe if I am really flush I will try for one of these someday...

Tom, I agree for me it is more about the extra space than decor. The odds of the decor being exactly what any one person really likes are small. I for one hate beige ( which seems to be the norm for so many cruise lines cabins).

As for the aft wrap suites on the Spirit class they are totally cool. I wanted to say "they totally rock" but I did not want anyone to think that they would get seasick....

Tom in Long Beach

• 2 months later...
What cabin were you in? We have U88 reserved, will our cabin look like the pictures? We have 4 booked in our cabin so I hope the couch makes into some kind of bed...........:confused: :confused:

Thanks....:D

We are booked in U89 and the pic dont look like the one on carnivals web site. If they look like the one on carnivals web site, it is beautiful. Cheri

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was looking for a mini fridge - did I miss it?

How does TWO sound? (I know, a REAL fridge would be much better :) )

326487596_BgenT-XL.jpg

For more (current) photos from our sailing over July 4th this year: http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/gallery/5340479_oiD9K#326490542_mBBrg

Tom

I don't mean to be negative, but there is nothing luxurious-looking about the decor in that suite. Honestly, it looks cheap and institutional to me.

^^^^ what Drew said.

That decor looks cheap and nasty! (But I'll gladly take it anyway!!!) It looks like it needs to go into dry dock for an update.

ETA: lol... I just realized this thread is a year old....

While the bathroom and bedroom area look awesome the rest of the room looks like something out of the 70's. I just think they need some different furniture. I would, however, not be upset if I could be swimming in that tub! Hope you had a great cruise!:)

While the bathroom and bedroom area look awesome the rest of the room looks like something out of the 70's. I just think they need some different furniture. I would, however, not be upset if I could be swimming in that tub! Hope you had a great cruise!:)

It was honestly one of our best - the staff was beyond compare. I have never had a Maitre d' INSIST on carrying a breakfast tray from lido to our cabin. Too funny! :D On this ship they really go above and beyond for people sailing in these suites. Looking forward to a REPEAT in November!!!

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Sorry in advance for the brief hijack, but.....Tom-n-Cheryl, don't you have pix somewhere of the Cat 11 wrap cabins on Spirit class? I've done a search but can't locate them. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!!!

There are pics of Pride cabin 7347 in my signature link.

Edited by cathyz