Caviar?

princessdivaapril

I love caviar. Do they serve much of it on board? How bout on the Fantasy?

I believe it's only availbe on board ships with supper clubs, Conquest and Spirit class ships.

The menu from The Pointe, on the Conquest, quotes it at $45/oz. Sevruga Caviar with condiments...

I love caviar. Do they serve much of it on board? How bout on the Fantasy?

All the Supper clubs have it ($45.00 extra) and it is delicious!

I believe that the Victory also serves it at the Martini Bar. I am not sure about other ships but I am sure if you ask at one of the Bars that you will be able to find out.

I can remember "years ago" when we first started sailing with the boys....Carnival still offered it as more than just a garnish and both the boys tried it.

Neither cared for it much...but they both gave it a go!!

My daughter & her friend experienced caviar last April on the Conquest at dinner in the Monet. It was a garnish on an appetizer that they ordered. I can't remember what the appetizer was called but it was on the menu.

Was this something like liver pate or such. I seem to remember something like cavier too. I do seem to remember something like cavier on a appetiser, cant remember which appetiser or which ship that was on.

Thats a good idea above to get the fish roe at the sushi bar, thanks.

Was this something like liver pate or such. I seem to remember something like cavier too. I do seem to remember something like cavier on a appetiser, cant remember which appetiser or which ship that was on.

Thats a good idea above to get the fish roe at the sushi bar, thanks.

Years ago I sailed on the Britannis(now at the bottom of the sea) and caviar was an appetizer w/all the fixings like chopped egg, chives etc on petite toast. Pate' was another night and it was gross! Guess you have to like liver. It is made from goose liver I thnk.--I also had it at a private company cocktail party on a 3 night Royal Car. cruise about 4 years ago but that was probably cause it was a private party. Ill try the sushi bar-thanks for the tip

Years ago I sailed on the Britannis(now at the bottom of the sea) and caviar was an appetizer w/all the fixings like chopped egg, chives etc on petite toast. Pate' was another night and it was gross! Guess you have to like liver. It is made from goose liver I thnk.--I also had it at a private company cocktail party on a 3 night Royal Car. cruise about 4 years ago but that was probably cause it was a private party. Ill try the sushi bar-thanks for the tip

OMG We were on the Britannis in 1986 and I thought no one ever heard of that ship. It was our very first cruise and very memorable, she was and old but elegant ship. We went from Miami, Key West to Cozumel. That was when cruising had more class, the staff was absolutly the best, expecially the dining room staff. And the midniight buffets on the deck we awesome. And that was my first experience with cavair and I loved it. They knew how to serve it, not like now when you get a tiny, tiny amount on top of something else

And yes, we knew she had become a reef off the coast of Tampa

Sue

Next cruise Miracle 1/18/08

OMG We were on the Britannis in 1986 and I thought no one ever heard of that ship. It was our very first cruise and very memorable, she was and old but elegant ship. We went from Miami, Key West to Cozumel. That was when cruising had more class, the staff was absolutly the best, expecially the dining room staff. And the midniight buffets on the deck we awesome. And that was my first experience with cavair and I loved it. They knew how to serve it, not like now when you get a tiny, tiny amount on top of something else

And yes, we knew she had become a reef off the coast of Tampa

Sue

Next cruise Miracle 1/18/08

Cool! My high school choir performed on the Britannis in Spring 1987 whenI was in the 11th grade-Miami and Bahamas-3 nights I think...Then in May of 1991, I ironically was given a wedding gift on the same ship. My (then)husband, lol, and I did 7 days on the Britannis as a honeymoon gift from my parents(I didnt realize it was the same ship til I got there)

We went to Key West, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. It was small but wonderful. It is wild to think that that ship only held about 800 passengers. I was sad to hear it sunk

Archived