Price drop after final payment date.

mikeyg0

Hey guys.

I'm from Australia and have no idea about any of this sort of stuff so I thought I would ask.

I'm going on the Sapphire in January and final payment was due last week. I booked with agency A (I'm pretty sure we can't mention them by name, right?) and today I have found a much better price via agency B.

I called the agency I booked with and they said that Princess won't allow any changes to the pricing once final payment has been made.

Is this correct? Is there any way whatsoever I can get the lower price?

Thanks guys.

Michael.

Michael, Your agency is correct that after final payment you can not benefit from a lower price. The lowered cruise fares after final payment are known as 'flash promotions' and they are usually, which I am sure is the case here, for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY. So that covers them from having to lower those already paid in full passengers.

Sorry! :(

Bummer!

It's nearly a $300 difference between what I paid and what agency B is now offering.

I would call and ask to be upgraded to a better cabin but my agency's website is still showing the prices I paid, and not the cheaper ones. Maybe if they come down with my agency as well I'll call and see about being upgraded or something.

Thanks for replying everyone :)

What is happening is that the cruise line is trying to fill the ship. So, after final payment, they slash pricing on the unsold cabins, for the new bookings. The choice of cabins and locations are usually minimal at this stage and they just do whatever is necessary to try to fill each stateroom onboard. It happens all the time on sailings that aren't full.

I have heard of a few that have been offered 'in category' upgrades because of this, but it doesn't happen too often, so don't get your hopes up.

But I do wish you the best of luck on this one.

Archived