Ferry to Nevis??

TTEllis

Hey Im heading to St. Kitts in a couple weeks on the Emerald Princess has anyone taken the ferry from St. Kitts to Nevis and found a nice beach?? I would love to try something like that, do you recommend it?? Thank you very much for any info on Nevis or St. Kitts. Todd in WV

Friend,

There are a few options available to go to Nevis by ferry. There are about 6 ferries that you can choose from to go to Nevis (Caribe Breeze, Caribe Surf, Carib Queen, Sea Hustler, Mark Twain, Sea Bridge).

The first 5 depart from the "Ferry Terminal" not far from where your ship will dock at Port Zante. Simply ask a Port Officer or Tourism Representative for directions. The cost per person is no more than EC$20 (about US$8) per person each way.

The final vessel is called the Sea Bridge - it is a drive-on drive-off service and departs from the South East Peninsula (about 20 minute drive from the city), departs St. Kitts at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm and departs Nevis at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm.

Hope this helps.

Friend,

There are a few options available to go to Nevis by ferry. There are about 6 ferries that you can choose from to go to Nevis (Caribe Breeze, Caribe Surf, Carib Queen, Sea Hustler, Mark Twain, Sea Bridge).

The first 5 depart from the "Ferry Terminal" not far from where your ship will dock at Port Zante. Simply ask a Port Officer or Tourism Representative for directions. The cost per person is no more than EC$20 (about US$8) per person each way.

The final vessel is called the Sea Bridge - it is a drive-on drive-off service and departs from the South East Peninsula (about 20 minute drive from the city), departs St. Kitts at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm and departs Nevis at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm.

Hope this helps.

Hey I really appreciate the ferry information, I was going to spend some time on St. Kitts in the morning we port and then hop a ferry to Nevis. Hopefully just try and see the island, always heard all these storys about how incredible Nevis was, really looking forward to it. Thanks again Todd

Nevis is a beautiful island and quieter than St. Kitts. www.nevisisland.com

I highly recommend Pinney's Beach and Chevy's Beach Bar. http://www.myspace.com/chevys_calypso_bar

Be sure to have one of his famous Pink Panty cocktail.

For a tour of Nevis you should contact Biddy Weekes. His e-mail address is bernardweekes@hotmail.com

I absolutely loved Nevis...so quiet and remote! I stayed at the 4 Seasons there about 7 years ago...Sunshines next to the Four Seasons was great for jerk chicken, fish, lobster dinner...just a shack on the beach with some tables (looks kind of like Chevys) but don't drink the killer bees!! Also went to the jungle on the volcano and saw monkeys...need to go back!

Archived