one day in port canaveral....wwyd

We too are flying in on the Friday before our cruise (which is Sunday).

The last time we did this, we actually waited til the morning we got off the ship, and as we had a late flight out, we had a limo waiting and did the space center before we went to the airport. I believe our flight was about 4 - 5 in the afternoon. We found we had plenty of time.

This time we are probably going to spend the day at Disneyworld (depending on the crowds.)

M

Where is the hotel you will be staying in that night and will you have a car? That will influence what you can do.

We usually just relax at Cocoa Beach rather than sightsee.

I'd like to recommend an awesome and inexpensive family-style Italian restaurant in Cocoa Beach, A New York Pizza House. It's on Rt 520, 1 block west of A1A, diagonally across from Ron Jon's Surf Shop. The hotel staff at Residence Inn told us about it, and we like that it's a place locals eat rather than tourists.

Depending on where you are coming from, you may enjoy the beach. The water stays warm enough to swim pretty well year-round. You can rent kayaks and take a guided tour of nature preserves, or even try surfing. There are airboat rides also.

The shopping is pretty typical, unless you really want to see Ron Jon's. However if shopping is your thing and you're renting a car, you could spend some time at the outlet mall or Mall of Millenia in Orlando, then head out to the coast for a nice walk on the beach and dinner the night before your cruise.

We are flying in on Friday for a Sunday cruise. We have Family In Orlando that we are visiting on Friday. Then spending the day Saturday with Micky Mouse.

Other things to do would be Univrrsal Studios or Sea world. There are just so many things to do In the Orlando area.

If you are a member of AAA, you might want to pickup a tour book and check it out.

We are flying in on Friday for a Sunday cruise. We have Family In Orlando that we are visiting on Friday. Then spending the day Saturday with Micky Mouse.

Other things to do would be Univrrsal Studios or Sea world. There are just so many things to do In the Orlando area.

If you are a member of AAA, you might want to pickup a tour book and check it out.

If you are near the beach, walk it, it is a beautiful beach. Also, we enjoy going over the pier and watching the fishing boats come in at early evening (later afternoon). Try dinner at Fishlips, nice food and you can watch the ships sail away if you time it right.....

the pier is about the onlu hot spot in cocoa. restaurants an open-air bar, a few shops. u can watch the surfers and just people watch. but...if u r not staying close to the pier, they charge u to park, even if only for lunch..we eat dinner every time at sunset grill on the river. kinda across from ron jon..they have music outside and u can watch the boats and dolphins/ manatees...if it is cool, they have propane heaters. its fun, i have always heard music that we all know too.. and like. someone mentioned the new york pizza place, we have never tried it, will give a go next time too!

there is nothing to do in cocoa beach. i hate it there. my mother in law lives there and it is just a bunch of old people. it has the nickname "gods waiting room" .

the space center is just a bunch of museum junk and they charge a fortune for everything.

All I can say to that is, "Good grief!!"

there is nothing to do in cocoa beach. . . . . . . just a bunch of museum junk and they charge a fortune for everything.

Trolls. Will they ever learn? :confused:

Go back under your bridge. :rolleyes:

Archived