Back from 4 day Mercury cruise left 10/29

anyname

We got back yesterday - had a great time! They had a wonderful Halloween party with a lot of guest dressing up. We had beautiful weather in Nanaimo - we started with breakfast on our patio :-)

My only complaint about the Mercury is the hand washing stations are not banned and 3/4 of the guest walk right by them!

Any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Going to locate a review I found the day before we left - very detailed. I'll post the link once I find it.

That is disappointing to hear, as hygiene and illness is always a big topic on ships.

We have cruised on ships out of Australia and on every ship there has always been a crew member standing by the 'handwash' dispenser, and they don't allow anyone to enter the restaurant areas without first ensuring that they have used it. They are always stationed in the main restaurants and also in the buffet areas.

There are even hygiene wipes which must be used before and after using the computers on ships that sail in this part of the world.

Jillybean:)

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST......DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE.

That is disappointing to hear, as hygiene and illness is always a big topic on ships.

We have cruised on ships out of Australia and on every ship there has always been a crew member standing by the 'handwash' dispenser, and they don't allow anyone to enter the restaurant areas without first ensuring that they have used it. They are always stationed in the main restaurants and also in the buffet areas.

There are even hygiene wipes which must be used before and after using the computers on ships that sail in this part of the world.

Jillybean:)

I prefer the dispensers people can use on their own as you enter--the portable ones that the crew dispenses splash all over your clothing-- I always use the self-service dispensers but when the crew has them I do not always oblige--esp if in formal night dress....but I do wash on my own!

Archived