Private tours for Port Madryn

2travelers

We want to do as much as we can with elderly parents (84 & 87) on our cruise, but one of them has and bad back and difficulty walking for long periods of time. I am concerned about the description our cruise brochure gives about "bumpy dusty roads" and uneven walking terrain, etc. Can anybody who has been to Punta Tomba (and Otway Sound via Punto Arenas) adivse me on these aspects? I hate to leave them on the boat, but I don't want a disaster either. Thanks, Patty

CroftonBill,

When you were at the dock in Puerto Madryn, how much were the tours just for walk ups? What kind of payment did they want? (US$/credit cards?) Did they combine people to fill a van? I am more interested in Punta Tomba than Pennisular Valdez but either info would be a great help to me. We are on the Splendour of the Seas in Puerto Madryn March 12.

Thanks,

Chesterbid

• 2 weeks later...

We just completed a cruise around South America on Oceania Insignia. Thanks to englishmum's recommendation, we used Whales Patagonia for our trip to Punta Tomba. I agree with Mrs Mon. Tour Patagonia was excellent. We would not hesitate to recommend them. Also, in contrast to the ship's charge of $179 per person, Whales Patagonia charged only $65 pp, plus there is an additional entrance fee of $10pp at Punta Tomba.

Archived