Specific Emerald Princess questions

bcruiser1

Greetings,

I can't find a lot of info on the Emerald Princess, and we're booked on the December 6, 2007 cruise. Here are my questions.

1. How are the beds? We were on the Grand Princess last year, and we needed egg crates. Will we need them on the Emerald as well?

2. How much are 10-day coke cards?

3. Are coffee cards also offered, and how much?

4. Can you get fruit bowls in the room?

5. How is the room service menu?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

Brenda

I can't find a lot of info on the Emerald Princess, and we're booked on the December 6, 2007 cruise. Here are my questions.

1. How are the beds? We were on the Grand Princess last year, and we needed egg crates. Will we need them on the Emerald as well?

2. How much are 10-day coke cards?

3. Are coffee cards also offered, and how much?

4. Can you get fruit bowls in the room?

5. How is the room service menu?

Beds were great I slept like a log!

Soda card is $3.95 a day

Sorry did not do the coffee card (but I think it's $25 for 15 coffee's)

They a card in your cabin to order fruit each day

Room service menu is very basic, continential breakfast, sandwiches

Hope this helps!

although you asked "specifacally" for the Emerald, the answers to most of your questions are generic to the fleet.

Coke cards are 3.95$ X number of days of cruise + 15% (grat)

Coffee cards...yes, and there is a very recent thread that indicates the price (something like $29 for 15 specialty coffees)

Yes, fruit is available in room

Room Service menu is generally consistant on all ships...I think a copy of it can be found on cruisingthecaribbeanprincess dot com, and it would be like the one you saw on the Grand

Beds are subjective, the the ones on the Emerald are only a few months old, as you know

We were on the Emerald in June and the beds were fine...we have used egg crates in the past, but didn't need them. All other info is correct.

We found a great alternative to room service continental breakfast on the Emerald...send DH with the in-room tray (under the ice bucket) down/up to the International Cafe, pick up great coffee and wonderful pastries and bring them back to the room. Can't be beat! :D The International Cafe also has sandwiches, gelato and other treats.

Does the International Cafe have an additional charge or is it all inclusive?

They charge for gelato ($1.50 for 3 big scoops), but if I recall correctly, everything else -- pastries, sandwiches, salads -- was free. And VERY yummy! I looooved the International Cafe.

Does the International Cafe have an additional charge or is it all inclusive?

They charge for Cappuchino and latte's and some "food" but not all. It is a very nice spot to relax during the day and take in some of the Piazza entertainment.

Bon Voyage

We were on the Emerald in June and the beds were fine...we have used egg crates in the past, but didn't need them. All other info is correct.

We found a great alternative to room service continental breakfast on the Emerald...send DH with the in-room tray (under the ice bucket) down/up to the International Cafe, pick up great coffee and wonderful pastries and bring them back to the room. Can't be beat! :D The International Cafe also has sandwiches, gelato and other treats.

great tip about the tray, i've never thought of using that,but will now

Wat services are available on the Emerald to download digital pictures?

We are sailing soon and one of our cruisemates has an older digital camera without much memory. He wants to avoid bringing his laptop and wonders what is available to download via the photo department and the costs.

Thx

We've done it a couple of times, but not with the "in room" tray, just the tray from the buffet. Never a problem, and the steward makes sure it gets back where it belongs.

Hi Joe, we've never been given a tray in the buffet before or at least not on the last two ships -- Island (sept) Dawn (last year) just got those big plates... can you ask for a tray?

You can have your photos downloaded on to a disk but they also sell memory cards, make sure you have plenty - had to buy one on board but the prices are very reasonable. I have 200 pics of our Grand Med in Sept. on Emerald.

Also I think once you have downloaded on to a disk you can't add any to the same disk and I think the price for one disk was around $20

Downloading Digital Pictures

If you don't want to pay the on-board download prices, you might want to go to your cruise's roll call and see if somebody there is bringing a laptop and wouldn't mind downloading the pictures for you a couple of times during the cruise. You could take some blank CDs or a thumb drive to copy the pictures over to.

I'm afraid the computers in the Internet Cafe can't be used by you for downloading photos. They don't have CD drives or USB ports to copy files over to a thumb drive.

Archived