Attention Pacific Dawn Competition Winners...

Brushtail

Can the lucky CCers going on the 'walk around' on the Dawn on Thursday, please keep an eye out for a good spot for us to be for sailaway?

We will need to be able to see the wharf and the shore party clearly, but also be in a good spot to sail out of the harbour. :D :D

We will then be able to make our plans at the pub on Friday. :) Bring photos. Or even better, post them here on Thursday night.

I'm not asking much............ :p :eek: :p

Thanks heaps,

Jen

Can the lucky CCers going on the 'walk around' on the Dawn on Thursday, please keep an eye out for a good spot for us to be for sailaway?

We will need to be able to see the wharf and the shore party clearly, but also be in a good spot to sail out of the harbour. :D :D

We will then be able to make our plans at the pub on Friday. :) Bring photos. Or even better, post them here on Thursday night.

Thanks heaps,

Jen

Ok Jen

Chez will be good for that as she will be amongst the one waving us goodbye

so if we make sure she takes note that will be a great help

cheers Gail Looking forward to meet you Jen

Thanks heaps,

Jen

Ok Jen

Chez will be good for that as she will be amongst the one waving us goodbye

so if we make sure she takes note that will be a great help

cheers Gail Looking forward to meet you Jen

sorry about double post guys

Cheers Gail EKK

yeah yeah Gail I got the message, no need to tell me twice:p :)

Will take the laptop and post anything you need on CC Thursday night, photo's info etc:)

Jenny, Les might have a good suggestion, but looking at the plan and pics of the Dawn, the only open deck on the side is promenade deck, all the upper decks around the pool area look closed in with glass,windows, or the back decks.

While we are on the tour will also ask where might be the best spot to be for the light show/celebrations too.

Chez

xx

yeah yeah Gail I got the message, no need to tell me twice:p :)

Will take the laptop and post anything you need on CC Thursday night, photo's info etc:)

Jenny, Les might have a good suggestion, but looking at the plan and pics of the Dawn, the only open deck on the side is promenade deck, all the upper decks around the pool area look closed in with glass,windows, or the back decks.

While we are on the tour will also ask where might be the best spot to be for the light show/celebrations too.

Chez

xx

As long as you got the message:p LOL

Your right about the decks for sailaway they are glassed in

Not good for waving to all you lovely things waving us goodbye:D

Chez the light and sound show sounds like it is going to be SPECTACULAR

Jim found article about it onP.O media (latest news)

Christine Anu is performing on pool deck but voice will carry across Quay

I don't know if you read it Sound AWESOME

Hope we meet up to watch together:p

Cheers Gail

xxx

Chez

xx

Not much room, but there seems to be a viewable spot from the Sun Deck.(see cruisers above the side in the pic on page 4 of the 2nd edition brochure - don't know if they are real or pasted)

Cheers

Geoff

Phil and I went down to Sydney a few weeks ago to do a reccie on the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

There is a large observation deck for the shore party sender offerers. :) We took photos for our Rollcall CCers and I also posted one I found on the net and I've just remembered them.:rolleyes:

If the shore party manages to get onto the observation deck, then the area under the lifeboats might be the go for us. It looks to be nearly opposite.

These are two photos posted here, (God, I hope they work, mine never do) one is of the terminal with me in the photo leaning up against the rail and one is of the Star Princess tied up at the OPT. Look carefully at where the people are. You can see the limp gangway :p which gives you a bearing in the other picture.

2832.jpg?grQgVLHBIXOL9djM

\

f152.jpg?grQgVLHBej.nz9E7

It looks like the people on the right are on the observation deck.

What do you think?

Jen - who should be cleaning up and starting to pack, but CC is more fun. :o

Phil and I went down to Sydney a few weeks ago to do a reccie on the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

There is a large observation deck for the shore party sender offerers. :) We took photos for our Rollcall CCers and I also posted one I found on the net and I've just remembered them.:rolleyes:

If the shore party manages to get onto the observation deck, then the area under the lifeboats might be the go for us. It looks to be nearly opposite.

These are two photos posted here, (God, I hope they work, mine never do) one is of the terminal with me in the photo leaning up against the rail and one is of the Star Princess tied up at the OPT. Look carefully at where the people are. You can see the limp gangway :p which gives you a bearing in the other picture.

2832.jpg?grQgVLHBIXOL9djM

\

f152.jpg?grQgVLHBej.nz9E7

It looks like the people on the right are on the observation deck.

What do you think?

Jen - who should be cleaning up and starting to pack, but CC is more fun. :o

Hi Jen, From Don who should be starting to pack too...

I hope i am the only ones that the pictures didn't work for...is the area above the pool open or is that closed in too?

Don

I was on the Observation deck a few weeks back when the Rhapsody was in. I was amazed how close I actually was to the ship.:p :o

I was close enough that I could peek inside the Atrium area when the Glass doors opened.;)

It is also protected from the Afternoon sun, so the poor people seeing folks off don't roast to death.:rolleyes:

[/img]

I was on the Observation deck a few weeks back when the Rhapsody was in. I was amazed how close I actually was to the ship.:p :o

I was close enough that I could peek inside the Atrium area when the Glass doors opened.;)

It is also protected from the Afternoon sun, so the poor people seeing folks off don't roast to death.:rolleyes:

I was amazed how close we got to the QE2 when she was in there in February.

I took this picture;

QE2 at Overseas Passenger Terminal

Try these ones, Don. I have used Flickr. Just joined up as Brushtail. :p I never have any trouble joining anything with that name. No-one else has ever picked it. Wonder why? :D

1852571249_73832edaaa.jpg?v=0

1852572101_ba9a2da606.jpg?v=0

Thats better, can't imagine why nobody else uses "Brushtail", I'm always amazed at how many "Dogboys" there are on nearly every site you go to...

Still not packed, still not got everything, Thursday will be a busy day..:)

That area at the life boats looks appropriate, does anyone know if the area above the pools where the running track is, is open or closed?

Did we ever get around to picking a colour????????????:confused:

Don

Archived