Help with Priceline

Jrsygrl

if you select 4* for beach area you will get the hyatt that is not on the beach....and really not withing walking distance...well technically it might be (i walked from the renaissance past the hyatt to the marriott resort...boy was that dumb!)

I bid and won 3 star Beach for Nov 15 and Nov 26 and bid $100 both times. One stay is for Sheraton Yankee Clipper and the other for Sheraton Yankee Trader.

You could bid in Fort Lauderdale Downtown. I have in the past at the Embassy Suites and Renaissance on 17th street. Good area and that was my preference but was unable to secure anything. This area is close to the pier and lots of restaurants.

I am getting no where with Priceline...what other area besides the beach area should I bid on a room???? The is the Airport area and Airport north?? HELP!!!

When do you want the hotel? That makes a big difference. From Thanksgiving to Easter is high season and prices are going to be more expensive. End of January/early February, you probably cant get a decent hotel for less than $100 you would want to stay in.

Maybe I missed the dates you are looking for?

I have bid $100 for a 3* Fort Lauderdale Beach for Nov. 14, 2007...it's getting close to that date!! I did notice that when my request is denied that the 3*, 4* and resort is checked off but I didn't hit anything but the 3*....

I bid and won 3 star Beach for Nov 15 and Nov 26 and bid $100 both times. One stay is for Sheraton Yankee Clipper and the other for Sheraton Yankee Trader.

You could bid in Fort Lauderdale Downtown. I have in the past at the Embassy Suites and Renaissance on 17th street. Good area and that was my preference but was unable to secure anything. This area is close to the pier and lots of restaurants.

So Downtown Fort Lauderdale is a good area to bid on to????

I have bid $100 for a 3* Fort Lauderdale Beach for Nov. 14, 2007...it's getting close to that date!! I did notice that when my request is denied that the 3*, 4* and resort is checked off but I didn't hit anything but the 3*....

that has something to do with rebidding i think....,not sure.....

go to hotwire...the only 4 star downtown is the renaissance..and for your dates...it is 119.....not sure why you can't hit on PL....and i looked at the listing on HW and Marriott.com on HW it says 'YOU SAVE 170.00" when you go to marriott and try to book, the rate is 289......therefore 119 +170-289 so it is the renny.....

if you can't get it on PL for like 85-90 bucks get it on HW......!:D

(the total on HW is like 137 and change!--if i were you, i'd bid maybe 80-85 now on PL and if it is rejected, 119 is fine for the renny.....i paid 120 or so i think in the summer thru marriott.com)

It's frustrating to see someone has won at $100!!!! I'm a newbie to Priceline and I want to win on the first try!!!:) Maybe I'll try downtown Fort Lauderdale.

It's frustrating to see someone has won at $100!!!! I'm a newbie to Priceline and I want to win on the first try!!!:) Maybe I'll try downtown Fort Lauderdale.

In all fairness I won that bid in June for November.

yes Downtown FLL is good area.

Leaving on the Enchantment 11/15...guess I'll try to get a room in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Do you know if any of the hotels have shuttles from the airport and to the pier?

the ones at the airport might have shuttles...is there a reason you don't want to get the renaissance on HW for 119??? really you are going to have a hard time.....seems that aside from maybe one of the sheratons, stuff is full then......!!!

Archived