Questions about the Destiny Southern Cruise

ruskatab

I was wondering if when on the southern cruise you sail by the Pitons coming into St. Lucia or if you cruise by the volcano on Montserrat. I am wondering if we should be up early to see the Pitons. Is there anything else interesting we should be on the lookout for on this cruise? We are always up and watching when we come into and leave port.

When I booked this cruise a few days ago I was not expecting to go to St. Lucia but the ports have changed and im thrilled to be going to this Island. Now its just deciding on what to do. it looks like there are some great tours.

The Pitons are 2 mountains that are close to shore in St. Lucia. They are very beautiful and a place of interest. Montserrat is a Volcano that destroyed the Capital city and cause alot of people to evacuate and live on other islands. Its like a ghost town now and the Volcano can be seen from sea sprewing ash still now. Heres the website:

http://www.mvo.ms/

I was wondering if when on the southern cruise you sail by the Pitons coming into St. Lucia or if you cruise by the volcano on Montserrat. I am wondering if we should be up early to see the Pitons. Is there anything else interesting we should be on the lookout for on this cruise? We are always up and watching when we come into and leave port.

We were in St. Lucia a week ago on the Desinty and we saw the Pitons when we were leaving port. You need to take a tour with COSOL in St. Lucia he takes you to the Pitons and you get to swin in between them.

We were in St. Lucia a week ago on the Desinty and we saw the Pitons when we were leaving port. You need to take a tour with COSOL in St. Lucia he takes you to the Pitons and you get to swin in between them.

There's good and bad with Cosol tour....

We too did it just last week and we didn't get to swim by the Pitons...it was a rain issue so I'm not holding that issue against him or the tour....there were a few other things....

the post from my review:

"Cosol and the guys were friendly, he had reliable transportation, there were great views, good amount of refreshments/local cuisene and you see alot of the island. That alone will be worth it to some people. One lady from our cruise said she thought "it was exceptional".

If you booked it because of the description off of his website(what I did)........you'll probably be disappointed.

This isn't my opinion.....I quoted his website and posted reality photos.

I've done driving tours that lived up to their website description......Cosol's fell way short."

"Now that I've been home I've had time to look at a few things.....I'm a bit more displeased with the Cosol tour. If you read the description of what should be and compare to what you get........it's not good

for example the waterfall.....

"Visit Soufriere, the second largest town and swim in the Toraille Waterfall and soak in the exotic fragrences of the Botanical Garden. Leaving the Forest, the road decends into Soufriere, St. Lucia’s first capital. View the brightly colored boats of this quaint area. Situated on the outskirts of the town you will find a breathtaking waterfall amidst a botanical garden with various tropical flowers and plants. Surrounding the waterfall is a pool where you can either relax or indulge in refreshing cool swim.

the reality.....................

Max at "the waterfall" wait a second...that plant might be the gardens

2757979830089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

"the waterfall"

2944116560089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Max in "the waterfall" LOL

2911131400089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Where is he supposed to be able to relax and swim???:confused:

This is my 3rd cruise and 3rd arranged tour(1 each cruise)...........The other 2 delivered as promised. Cosol and the guys were friendly, we had some nice views, nice quantity of refreshments and saw much of the island. I'd do the other 2 tours in a heartbeat.........if Cosol was the only choice for St Lucia.....I'd stay on the ship."

Just thought I'd share my experience

We were on the destiny in JUNE, the gardens are just off the pathnas you are walking to the waterfall. There is a seperate path to the side that leads to a beautiful garden area. Not sure if you missed that spot. There is also a fresh water pool there by the gardens that i'm not sure if you missed or what may have happened. We had a fabulous time with COSOL and company and i would go back again in a heartneat. Sorry bout your bad expierence.

I think I gave a fair review as far as the rest of the tour. But I feel his site descriptions are deceptive....we were given a few minutes at the waterfall, a few minutes at the Sulphur Springs, the plantation is described as a Drive through a native Banana Plantation, learn about the harvest and history process, and sample St. Lucia local bananas that are smaller in size and sweeter in taste to traditional bananas.......we pulled off the side of the road for a minute while our driver talked while quickly handing out bananas, it felt more like we were sneaking part of someone's crop.

The most time we spent at any location was where we had to pay $1 per person to use the bathroom. I'm not kidding!

Like I said, he had nice vehicles, they were friendly, we drove what seemed like the majority of the island, refreshments and local cuisene were there and the refreshments were plentiful To some this would be enough.........but I booked because of the site and it fell short of reality.

We're scheduled on the Destiny for 2/24/08 and my understanding is they have taken St. Lucia and Antigua off the iteniary. They replaced them with St. Kitts and La Romana in the Dominica Republic.

I will be on the Destiny in June and i confused about the schedule also so got ahold of Carnival and just received a conformation for our sail date, the ports will be:

San Juan

St. Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

st. lucia

Antiqua

St. kitts

San Juan

Hows that for a port intense cruise?

No sea days, i'm gonna need a vacation, after my vacation:D

I will be on the Deasiny on June and i confused about the schedule also so got ahold of Carnival and just received a conformation for our sail date, the ports will be:

San Juan

St. Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

st. lucia

Antiqua

St. kitts

San Juan

Hows that for a port intense cruise?

No sea days, i'm gonna need a vacation, after my vacation:D

I was kind of thinking the same thing but the ports are exactly the ones we wanted to see after doing the western and eastern several time. We wont have much time to explore the ship. It will be a little more expensive with excursions but wow those are great ports. We are looking into doing the Cosol tour.

I was kind of thinking the same thing but the ports are exactly the ones we wanted to see after doing the western and eastern several time. We wont have much time to explore the ship. It will be a little more expensive with excursions but wow those are great ports. We are looking into doing the Cosol tour.

I have been on the Destiny, back when it went to Aruba so i have been to Barbados, Antigua, Dominica, San Juan, St. Thomas, i can vouch for how Great these ports are, Dominica is one of my all time favorite ports, I'm so glad i will be going back again.

We're scheduled on the Destiny for 2/24/08 and my understanding is they have taken St. Lucia and Antigua off the iteniary. They replaced them with St. Kitts and La Romana in the Dominica Republic.

For some of us the itinerary has changed. I believe after February the Destiny is sailing to St. Lucia and Antigua instead of La Romana over night.

We were on the Destiny 10/28/07 and passed the pitons coming into port. It was raining when we got to the beach also, but it didn't stop me from getting in the water and snorkel a little. My DH paid the $1.00 to go potty, but I didn't. Actually I didn't even see anyone collecting the money. Too much Piton beer maybe. Everyone has different opinions about what they liked. I thought the flowers were very pretty at the waterfall but on the other hand, I didn't care for Dominica. I think it was all the stress of those roads. Also, the ship didn't really impress us even though this was our first cruise so we were ready to get off every morning. Our favorite island was Antigua. All we did was get a taxi and go the beach. It was great.

While I don't remember seeing the Pitons from the Destiny, we saw them from every different angle on our tour with Fabian. We customized the tour to include ziplining. The ziplining in St. Lucia is the BEST!!! (We've zipped in Belize and Antigua as well.) The mountain views from the lines were absolutely incredible and the staff couldn't be beat. Just a thought for you to consider...

Archived