What is the switch on the desk on the Crown Princess? (Has a red & green light)

Cruise Gopher

You know somebody at corporate headquarters must be sitting back, reading this post and laughing. Maybe that is the whole point, to see how many times passengers will flip the switch.

I do know that HAL and RCL had switches to turn on announcements in rooms. Just got off Celebrity Summit. It has a mysterious dial that did nothing. It looked like it should have controlled sound or possibly air flow, but it didn't do anything.

Oh I know this.... last month when we sailed on the Emerald Princess we asked Mr. James Deering (Head of Passenger Services) what this was. On our ship it was located right at the head of the bed between both pillows.

Mr. Deering said it was an emergency light... if the power goes out the light will come on and it will pop out and you can use it as a flashlight.

Hope this helps

I was on the crown her first year (just after the list) and didn't notice this light..I'm an electrician and plan on booking the crown for october of this year... I will take this thing apart if I have to to find an answer to this question....:)

As promised, Princess phoned me back at home (I am at the office) but my wife advises they left a detailed message on my voice mail to the effect that the buttons are Princess's new state of the art emergency button system. By that I assume they mean, if a passenger has an emergency in his/her cabin, all the passenger has to do is flick the button and emergency assistance will be on it's way. I will provide more detail once I listen to the voice mail.

At long last, the mystery is SOLVED.

Well with everyone flipping those buttons and trying to figure out what they are, I'm sure there are cabin stewards running all over the halls. LOL

Archived