What is the switch on the desk on the Crown Princess? (Has a red & green light)

Cruise Gopher

We were just off of the Emerald, and ours was on the wall behind our bed. Nowhere near the plugs on the desk. My DH was wondering what it is as well. He thought it was a camera!! :eek: Should have asked someone.

We just got off the Emerald on Saturday. In our Caribe deck balcony cabin it was right next to the three plugs to the right of the desk. It has a soft plastic cover over it. I meant to ask, and I forgot.

We had something like that on our HAL cruise last year. It was a switch to allow the in-room speaker to be shut off so we wouldn't have to listen to announcements. Came in handy when we wanted a daytime nap. Of course the emergency system would still work if needed.

I wonder if it's something like that?

I bet you are right! did it have a cover over it of plastic?

As another poster has said, it is NOT used to turn the in cabin speaker on and off. Announcements are not aired inside the cabin like they are on other cruiselines.

I sure hope someone knows or can find out soon.

The smarty pants responses are keeping the thread alive but are tired and not getting the question answered.

Just got off the Crown and I asked our Cabin Steward and he told us it was an emergency light in case there was no electricty on the ship and it was dark we could still find our way around in the cabin.

Does that make sense? The light seems pretty small.

Just got off the Crown and I asked our Cabin Steward and he told us it was an emergency light in case there was no electricty on the ship and it was dark we could still find our way around in the cabin.

Does that make sense? The light seems pretty small.

Then why two colors?

I have a picture of it but I don't know how to post it.

sunbeam click on reply then scroll down to manage attachments then browse, look through your pictures then add picture or if it says open click on it then upload and close the window (the attachments window) then click on submit reply

What, nobody's figured it out yet?

The switch is probably just to change the color of the light between red & green, and to see how many people would ask about it on Cruise Critic.

Seriously, though, there is a small light under it (?) that didn't come on when you flipped it. It looked to be some type of emergency light.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I was going to ask the same question - but in reference to the "Get Lucky Switch" comment. That reminded me of a military buddy who had just bought a new home - and we went over to see it. In the master bedroom, on the bed, was a small pillow that read "Not Tonight." I asked him what was on the other side - he said he didn't know!!!

Hmmm....94 posts about this and we still are no closer to the truth. Tell ya what...I will volunteer to go back on the ship and solve the mystery forever so we can all sleep better at night. Everyone who replied to this post-please mail me $10 by check, cash or $ order to cover the cost of the cruise and a few frozen thingys. I promise to report back as soon as I get home. ;)

Archived