What is the switch on the desk on the Crown Princess? (Has a red & green light)

Cruise Gopher

hi my sis is on the sea princess and i just got her to find out its for the aircon, when its down its green and aircon is on

linda:p

That makes sense, also. A lot of these ships do the Alaska run, and they most certainly need the heat!:cool:

hi my sis is on the sea princess and i just got her to find out its for the aircon, when its down its green and aircon is on

linda:p

That makes sense, also. A lot of these ships do the Alaska run, and they most certainly need the heat!:cool:

No and No, this is not the thermostat. No where near it.

And I don't think they have them on the Sea Princess. I think only the Crown and Emerald have them, Grand Princess did not have them.

skierrob

my sister says its the power switch not the thermostat control, the control is on the wall and the power switch for on and off is away from it just like we have in our houses here my heating switch is in the kitchen but the thermostat is in the hall at the front door

linda

... I think only the Crown and Emerald have them, ..

Well, then. If you have a little patience, I will personally check it out and get back to y'all.

in July 2008.........:p

Wait, I got it! Here's a thought. It's the call button for the nursing assistant! (another thread referred to this line as a retirement home.....)

Well the a/c thing makes more sense than anything else so far.

But my thermostats at home have the switches on them

Push to right for a/c, Middle is Off, Push to left for heat.

If icemaiden is right, Houston, we have a problem. I like the a/c on at meatlocker temp and DH will be shutting off the switch when I am not looking.:eek:

skierrob

my sister says its the power switch not the thermostat control, the control is on the wall and the power switch for on and off is away from it just like we have in our houses here my heating switch is in the kitchen but the thermostat is in the hall at the front door

linda

Linda, I don't think these are on Sea Princess. Also when turning the switch to red it did not turn off the A/C. We had left it off for a period of time and the temp didn't change in the room. I really don't think this switch has anything to do with the thermostat or heating and A/C system.

I'm leaving on the Golden tommorow (jump for Joy:D ) will see what I can find out!

Have fun on the Golden! But I don't think the Golden has this switch.

Well the a/c thing makes more sense than anything else so far.

But my thermostats at home have the switches on them

Push to right for a/c, Middle is Off, Push to left for heat.

If icemaiden is right, Houston, we have a problem. I like the a/c on at meatlocker temp and DH will be shutting off the switch when I am not looking.:eek:

Again, I REALLY doubt this switch has anything to do with the heating and cooling system. I really wish I had an up close picture of it, you would see then that it is nothing like a thermostat type switch.

We were just off of the Emerald, and ours was on the wall behind our bed. Nowhere near the plugs on the desk. My DH was wondering what it is as well. He thought it was a camera!! :eek: Should have asked someone.

It flickers the living room lights of a East Berlin apartment flat.

Really pisses off the lady who lives there.

She's asked me to ask everyone to stop flicking it back and forth. :D

I just burst out laughing and almost dumped my lunch on the floor. What a great answer!

We were just off of the Emerald, and ours was on the wall behind our bed. Nowhere near the plugs on the desk. My DH was wondering what it is as well. He thought it was a camera!! :eek: Should have asked someone.

If you had flippped it you would have found out it makes the bed vibrate...

We had something like that on our HAL cruise last year. It was a switch to allow the in-room speaker to be shut off so we wouldn't have to listen to announcements. Came in handy when we wanted a daytime nap. Of course the emergency system would still work if needed.

I wonder if it's something like that?

i also think it is a control to turn on/off the in cabin announcements. royal caribbean has a similar switch.

With Princess, they are no in cabin announcements unless it is an emergency. Muster drill is announce in the cabin. The rest of the announcements are out on the hallways and public areas.

Archived